1. This prize draw (“Prize Draw”) is open to residents in the UK excluding the Northern Ireland.
2. All participants to the Prize Draw must be at least 18 years old. Castrol reserves the right to verify the age of participants.
3. The Prize Draw is not open to employees, consultants, contractors or agents of Castrol or any of its Affiliates, their families or anyone else professionally associated with the Prize Draw. For the purpose of these Terms, “Affiliate” of Castrol shall mean Castrol’s parent undertaking or its subsidiary undertaking or a subsidiary of its parent undertaking or any other person controlled by or under the same control either directly or indirectly. Parent undertaking and subsidiary undertaking will have the meanings attributed to them in section 1162 of the Companies Act 2006.
PROMOTER / DATA CONTROLLER
4. The promoter and data controller and of this Prize Draw is Castrol Limited (reg. no. 00149435) of Technology Centre, Whitchurch Hill, Pangbourne, Reading, RG8 7QR (“Castrol”).
5. The prize is one pass for a winner and one guest to attend the British Grand Prix on Sunday 8th July 2018. This prize includes a garage tour but does not include transport or accommodation. No guarantees are made with respect to meet and greets with any members of the Renault Sport Formula One Team and such meetings do not form part of the Prize. Prize details are correct at the date of publication and Castrol reserves the right to substitute any element of the Prize/s with a prize of a similar nature or value should the Prize/s become unavailable for any reason. The Prize/s is/are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
6. Use of Prizes provided by any third party shall be governed by the terms and conditions of any separate agreement with that third party. Subject to clause 20 below, Castrol and its Affiliates assume no liability whatsoever in relation to any third party provided Prizes, even if Castrol or its Affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such damages or can anticipate such damages. The Prizes must be used in accordance with all applicable health and safety standards and may be subject to height and weight restrictions.
HOW TO ENTER
7. To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must purchase any relevant promotional pack of Castrol lubricants sold in 1/2/4 litres from participating retailers. Participating retailers are Tesco and Asda. Promotional packs are those which are in the correct size and include a collaret with a competition code. Locate the unique competition code which is found on the collaret placed on the Castrol bottles in store. Entrants must retain their receipt as proof of purchase. Entrants must then insert the competition code, and their contacts details at should www.EDGE-rsf1.castrol.co.uk, in order to be entered into the prize draw. Entries are not finalised until entrants receive the confirmation emailing confirming that their entry has been received.
8. Entries for the Prize Draw must be received between 00:01 GMT on 1 May 2018 and 23.59 GMT on 15 June 2018 (“Entry Period”). Only fully and correctly completed entries received during the Entry Period will be accepted. Castrol and its Affiliates will not be liable for late entries or entries sent but not received.
9. Entries received outside the Entry Period will be invalid.
CHOOSING THE WINNERS
The winners of the Prizes will be drawn, at random, from all eligible entries on or before 22 June 2018 by an independent judge. Castrol’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to any of the winners of the Prize Draw.
NOTIFYING THE WINNERS
10. The Prize(s), if won by a participant, must be taken as offered, may not be deferred, is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
11. Castrol will notify the winners via email by Friday 22nd June 2018. Each winner will receive an itinerary and contact details for the day, at this time. Following notification, if a winner accepts their Prize, they will receive an email within 5 working days of acceptance, confirming the prize agenda and prize specifics.
12. If the Prize is declined or unclaimed by a winner or if the winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied within 5 days of first attempting to notify the winner, the Prize will be forfeited. In such circumstances, Castrol reserves the right to award the Prize to another participant, selected in accordance with these Terms. The replacement winner will be notified by Castrol in the same manner prescribed above. Neither Castrol nor any Affiliate of Castrol shall have any liability to a winner in the event that the winner is unable to take up their Prize.
13. A winner must claim their prize within 5 days of notification. If a winner does not respond to accept their Prize within 5 days of notification, their Prize will be forfeited and Castrol is entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. Castrol is not liable if a Prize or any part of a Prize does not reach a winner for reasons beyond Castrol’s control or if a Prize or any part of a Prize is damaged or destroyed during delivery.
14. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these Terms upon entry and they consent to the transfer of their personal data to Castrol for the purposes of administering the Prize Draw. Castrol accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
15. By entering the Prize Draw, participants agree to take part in any associated publicity relating to the Prize Draw without further consent or payment when required.
17. If, for any reason, the internet-based entry to the Prize Draw is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Castrol which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Prize Draw, Castrol reserves the right, at its discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw.
18. Castrol may withhold the Prizes if it considers in its absolute discretion that: the participant does not meet the eligibility criteria; is in breach of these Terms; or has acted contrary to the requirement of good faith.
19. These terms and conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising out of or in connection with either the Competition or these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
20. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as limiting or excluding Castrol’s liability for fraud, death or personal injury caused by Castrol’s negligence, or any other liability to the extent the same may not be excluded as a matter of law.
21. Subject to clause 20, Castrol does not accept responsibility for the acts and omissions of third parties.
22. If any of these terms and conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
23. All trademarks, text, images, and logos relating to Castrol or third parties involved in this Prize Draw and used in relation to it, are the exclusive property of Castrol or those third parties and participation in the Prize Draw does not confer any rights to a participant in or over or grant any right to use these.
24. Details of the name, county and country of the winner of the Prize Draw will be available for a 4 week period after the date of the winner announcement. For such details send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Castrol/Renault Competition; C/o Amanda Taylor, Castrol House, Lydiard Fields, Great Western Way, Swindon, SN5 8UB during this four-week period.
25. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt by Castrol.
26. Any tax which a participant may be required to pay under the laws of any relevant jurisdiction on any Prizes awarded pursuant to the Prize Draw shall be the responsibility of that participant.
27. Castrol may, at its sole discretion and at any time, suspend or disqualify a participant, reject any application, amend the Terms or any of them, cancel the Prize Draw (either in whole or for residents of a specific country or territory) substitute the Prizes and/or withdraw the Prizes, by reason of any event of force majeure. Participants agree that no liability shall attach to Castrol or any Affiliate of Castrol as a result of an event of force majeure and that the exercise of such discretion by Castrol shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any participant or other person. In these Terms, the expression “event of force majeure” shall mean any event affecting the performance of the Prize Draw or any provision of these Terms arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents which are beyond the reasonable control of Castrol and/or its Affiliates, including without limitation, any abnormally inclement weather, flood, lightning, storm, explosion, earthquake, subsidence, structural damage, epidemic or other natural physical disaster, failure or shortage of power supplies, war, military operations, riot, crowd disorder, strike, lockouts or other industrial action, terrorist action, civil commotion, by reason of any legislation, regulation, ruling or omissions (including failure to grant any necessary permissions) of any relevant government, court or any competent national or international authority.
28. These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising out of or in connection with either the Prize Draw or these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.