1. The FASTSCAN REWARDS PROGRAM (“Programme”) will be governed by these FS Ts & Cs. The Programme requires downloading of the Castrol FASTSCAN mobile App (“FASTSCAN App”), where the IWS Participant represented by the IWS Participant Representative(s) (all as defined below) scan and accumulate points which can be exchanged for Rewards (as detailed under sub-paragraph entitled “Points and Rewards” below). The Programme currently is only open to Independent Workshops (“IWS”) in Poland, United Kingdom and France (“IWS Participant”).
2. Only workshop owner or a natural person who has been duly authorized by the IWS Participant (in writing) shall be the IWS Participant’s approved representative who represents and administers this Programme for and on behalf of the relevant IWS Participant (“IWS Participant Representative(s).
3. All IWS Participant Representative(s) must be at least 18 years old. Castrol reserves the right to verify the age of the IWS nominated IWS Participant Representative(s).
4. IWS Participant should have business registered with a valid VAT number and operating as an “independent workshop” exclusively and not a franchised workshop, original equipment manufacturers or sub-distributor on the independent aftermarket, wholesaler, or any other description of business.
5. The Programme is not open to any IWS whose IWS Participant Representative is a Government Officials (Elected or appointed government officials; Executive, legislative, or judicial officials; officials of a public or international organization; any government employee or official at any level; any employee, officer, or director of a government-owned company; political parties and their officials and candidates for political office). The Programme is not open to employees, consultants, contractors, or agents of Castrol or any of its Affiliates, their families or anyone else professionally associated with the Programme. For the purpose of these FS Ts&Cs, “Affiliate” of Castrol shall mean Castrol’s parent undertaking or its subsidiary undertaking or a subsidiary of its parent undertaking or any other person controlled by or under the same control either directly or indirectly. Parent undertaking and subsidiary undertaking will have the meanings attributed to them in section 1162 of the Companies Act 2006 applicable in the UK.
6. To register in the Programme, IWS Participant Representative(s) is required to (i) download the Fastscan App from Google Play or App store; (ii) enter the IWS Participant’s data, including the IWS Participant Representative(s)’ contact details which inevitably includes a VAT number, valid mobile number, distributor customer id, and other information, in the relevant section(s) displayed on the registration form. (“Registration Form”).
7. The IWS Participant Representative(s) must complete all mandatory fields in the Registration Form. The registration process is not complete until the applying IWS Participant Representative(s) is redirected to the ‘Thank you’ page confirming receipt of the request to join the Programme.
8. Entry into the Programme requires provision of a VAT number and the distributor customer ID given at the time of registration in accordance with the IWS Participant Representative(s) and the IWS Participant’s profile details.
9. The IWS Participant Representative(s) may make changes to the personal and IWS Participant information on the Fastscan App. Notwithstanding, Castrol shall not bear any liability or responsibility for the delivery or otherwise of Rewards because of inaccurate IWS Participant(s) details or for any reason whatsoever.
10. Once the IWS Participant(s)’ and IWS Participant Representative(s)’ details have been entered and the Clause 7 “thank you” message is received, a confirmation message (OTP) will be sent to the IWS Participant(s) Representatives’ mobile phone number. The IWS Participant Representative, will be able to access the Programme using the OTP number and start collecting points.
11. Castrol is responsible for any personal information provided in relation to the Programme on the Fastscan App. Castrol will use it only for the purposes of administering the Programme and providing Rewards and other relevant information via the Fastscan App in relation to the Programme. The personal data will be accessible by those in the List of Service Providers (as defined in Attachment 1. Further, as Castrol is part of the bp group, Castrol may disclose your personal data to other bp entities located around the world. Transfers of personal information within the bp group are protected by bp’s comprehensive, flexible and global compliance framework which implements appropriate measures and safeguards to ensure an adequate level of data protection wherever your data is physically kept. If you do not opt in to receiving marketing communications, your personal information will be permanently deleted shortly upon completion of the Programme.
All personal data is subject to bp privacy statement.
12. The promoter and data controller of this offer is Castrol Limited (reg. no. 00149435) of Technology Centre, Whitchurch Hill, Pangbourne, Reading, RG8 7QR (“Castrol”). Castrol may utilise services of an agent or service provider to run the Programme for Castrol.
13. “Castrol uses 3rd parties namely Wipro, Nihilent, Scribos and ASL as may be updated from time to time (“List of Service Providers”) to provide support services ranging from Customer Care, provision of QR Codes, Rewards Management and data processing. The IWS Participant Representative and the IWS Participant(s) may be contacted by the relevant party from the List of Service Providers.”
14. In the Programme points are awarded to the IWS for qualifying purchases of the products listed in Clause 17 below. (“Points”). The products included in the Programme are fully listed at www.castrol.co.uk/fastscan and they include brands such as: Castrol EDGE, MAGNATEC, GTX, DRIVELINE, POWER1, which list may be amended and updated by Castrol from time to time at its discretion.
15. Castrol may offer promotions on selected products included in the Programme. Unless otherwise determined by Castrol, the IWS Participant(s) will be enrolled automatically in these promotions using the data which is on the Fastscan App. The Points accrue in the individual IWS Participant’s Fastscan App account.
16. The IWS Participant(s), when registered in a given month, receives Points for purchases of the products covered by the Programme from the time of registration onwards. No pre-registration retrospective purchases of qualifying products shall be accounted for.
17. Points scheme
Points scheme Independent Workshops (IWS)
a. EDGE – 22 points per liter
b. MAGNATEC – 18 points per liter
c. GTX -7 points per liter
d. Transmax – 8 points per liter
e. Power 1 – 8 points per liter
f. Act>Evo – 8 points per liter
g. Other MCO – 8 points per liter
Points scheme Castrol Branded Workshops (CBW)
h. EDGE – 25 points per liter
i. MAGNATEC – 20 points per liter
j. GTX -8 points per liter
k. Transmax – 10 points per liter
l. Power 1 – 10 points per liter
m. Act>Evo – 10 points per liter
n. Other MCO – 10 points per liter
18. To activate the Points in the Fastscan App, the IWS Participant should scan a unique QR code which will be sent to the IWS Participant(s)’ e-mail monthly. Points cannot and will not be activated without the QR code.
19. Each QR code is valid for scanning for a period of six (6) months from date of its issuance via email.
20. All Points are valid for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the entry of the Points into the IWS Participant’s Fastscan App. After this period any unused Points will automatically expire
21. Delivery time: The delivery time from order confirmation can take up to 15 days, being average 5-7 days. The IWS Participant will receive email information with order confirmation and also confirmation of delivery expedition.
22. Customer Service Line (“Customer Care”) : Customer Care facility is available in local languages Customer Care will attempt to respond to all queries within 48 hours of lodging of the query except for weekends where responses may be rendered 36 hours or more after lodgment of the query.
23. Rewards: Once delivered Rewards may not be exchanged. All queries or issues in relation to the Rewards should be directed to Customer Care and any approved returns should be in original packaging.
24. eGift cards and vouchers: Castrol shall not be liable for the loss of egift cards and vouchers codes on account incorrect details provided by the IWS
25. Gift cards and Vouchers: All vouchers are subject to terms and conditions of redemption as stated on them.
26. Warranty: All Rewards are subject to legal statutory warranty periods if any.
27. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these FS Ts&Cs during the registration process as set out in Clause upon completing the Registration process described in Clauses 1 to 6.
28. Participants’ personal information will be used by Castrol and its Affiliates for the purposes of administering the Rewards Programme. In addition, Participants may choose to give their express consent to receive subsequent Castrol direct marketing communications and, where such consent is given, Castrol will use the relevant participants’ personal information to send such direct marketing communications via email and post, as set out in more detail in Castrol’s Privacy Statement.
29. If, for any reason, the internet-based requests are not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Castrol which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Programme, Castrol reserves the right, at its discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Programme.
30. Castrol may withhold the Rewards if it considers in its absolute discretion that the participant does not meet the eligibility criteria, is in breach of these FS Ts&Cs, or has acted contrary to the requirement of good faith. Castrol further reserves the right to accept, reject, suspend or terminate any application to register or existing Fastscan App already in use for any reason including but not limited to international sanctions. Further Castrol accepts no liability or responsibility for any technical fault or malfunction, computer hardware or software issue satellite, network or server failure of any kind. Neither Castrol nor any Affiliate of Castrol has any control over communications networks and shall not be responsible for entries lost in transmission, or received late due to high online traffic levels, for technical malfunction or otherwise.
31. These FS Ts&Cs and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising out of or in connection with either the Programme or these FS Ts&Cs shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
32. Nothing in these FS Ts&Cs shall be construed as limiting or excluding Castrol’s liability for fraud, death or personal injury caused by Castrol’s negligence, or any other liability to the extent the same may not be excluded as a matter of law.
33. Participation in the Programme and subsequent use of the Rewards is at the IWS Participant(s)’ and the IWS Participant Representative(s)’ own risk. Users of the Programme must comply with any instructions by the parties in the List of Service Providers, or Castrol advised third party, Castrol or its Affiliates while using Programme. Neither Castrol nor any of its Affiliates, directors, or employees will be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other costs, expenses (including legal expenses), losses or damages whatsoever of any kind arising out of or in connection with, (a) access to or use of the website or any information contained in it; (b) the Programme, including, without limitation, any loss arising out of the participant not being eligible to enter or able to enter due to any technical malfunction or communication failure.
34. Castrol does not accept responsibility for the acts and omissions of the parties named in the List of Service Providers and/or third parties. If any of these FS Ts& Cs is determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the remaining FS Ts& Cs shall continue in full force and effect.
35. All trademarks, text, images, and logos relating to Castrol, or third parties involved in this Programme and used in relation to it, are the exclusive property of Castrol or those third parties and participation in the offer does not confer any rights to a participant in or over or grant any right to use these.
36. Proof of request is not automatically proof of receipt of a request by Castrol.
37. Any tax which a participant may be required to pay under the laws of any relevant jurisdiction on any Rewards awarded pursuant to the offer shall be the responsibility of that participant.
38. Castrol may, at its sole discretion and at any time, suspend or disqualify an IWS Participant(s), reject any application, amend the FS TS&Cs or any of them, cancel or suspend the Programme (either in whole or for residents of a specific country or territory) substitute the Rewards and/or withdraw the Rewards catalogue contents. IWS Participant(s) and IWS Participant Representative(s) each undertake and agree that each shall have no claims against Castrol, or any Affiliate of Castrol and no liability shall attach to Castrol or any Affiliate of Castrol as a result of an event of force majeure and that the exercise of such discretion by Castrol shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to IWS Participant(s) and IWS Participant Representative(s), any participant or other person.
39. In these FS Ts&Cs , the expression “event of force majeure” shall mean any event affecting the performance of the offer or any provision of these FS Ts&Cs arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents which are beyond the reasonable control of Castrol and/or its Affiliates, including without limitation, any pandemics or similar events, abnormally inclement weather, flood, lightning, storm, explosion, earthquake, subsidence, structural damage, epidemic or other natural physical disaster, failure or shortage of power supplies, war, military operations, riot, crowd disorder, strike, lockouts or other industrial action, terrorist action, civil commotion, by reason of any legislation, regulation, ruling or omissions (including failure to grant any necessary permissions) of any relevant government, court or any competent national or international authority.
40. Castrol reserves the right to amend and/or supplement the FS Ts&Cs and the points structure. Any amendments shall be notified in advance and made available via e-mail and in the Fastscan App notifications.
The List of Fastscan Service Providers:
Wipro – Fastscan digital development
Nihilent – Distributor data processing Agency
Scribos – data processing Agency and QR code provider
ASL Global – Rewards catalog provider & Customer Care Agency