How long has Castrol® been manufacturing lubricants?
Castrol has been marketing high performance transportation lubricants for over 120 years.
What makes Castrol® Motorcycle oils different than the competition?
Castrol’s motorcycle lubricant brands feature exclusive formulations with innovative additives that are specifically engineered for today’s high revving motorcycle engines. These innovations include Power1® Power Release Formula, Actevo® ActiBond™ Molecules, and GO!® Trizone Technology.
Can I use automotive oil in my motorcycle?
Automotive motor oil is designed only for single zone engine protection. Motorcycles have three zones of the engine [pistons, clutch, gearbox] that require lubrication for optimizing protection and performance. Castrol motorcycle oils are formulated specifically for high revving engines and feature Trizone Technology™ that simultaneously lubricates and protects the three zones of your bike engine, promoting long lasting engine service.
What brands of motorcycle oil does Castrol® offer?
The Castrol® MOTO brand portfolio consists of:
Castrol® POWER1 4T with Power Release Formula is designed specifically for bikers who love the exhilaration of riding.
• It has been tested and proven to deliver superior acceleration at the touch of the throttle as it flows fast and minimizes internal engine friction.
• Advanced, full synthetic, premium quality engine oil designed for 4-stroke motorcycles.
• Exceeds Specifications API SL, JASO MA-2
Castrol® POWER1 V-Twin 20W-50 is a full synthetic 4-stroke motorcycle oil exclusively designed to deliver ultimate performance in modern V-Twin engines, transmissions and primary chain cases
• Engineered and tested to ensure performance in Harley-Davidson Motorcycles.
• Full synthetic formulation provides excellent oil flow over a wide temperature range
• Exceeds Specifications API SL, JASO MA-2
Castrol® ACT>EVO® is uniquely formulated with ActibondTM molecules that cling to engine parts even when the engine is switched off, providing a protective layer from the moment you start your engine. ACT>EVO®’s Part Synthetic formulation provides superior protection from high temperature carbon deposits, enabling the engine to retain its performance for longer
• The ActibondTM molecules:
• Cling to engine parts providing a continuous layer of protection during start-up and beyond.
• Clinging action gives up to 70% wear reduction in comparison with other JASO MA2 oils, dramatically increasing engine life.*
• Exceeds specifications: API SL and JASO MA-2 standards
Castrol® Go! 4T Featuring Trizone Technology
Exclusive Trizone Technology that protects the three critical areas of the motorcycle to ensure a trouble free ride time after time.
• Protects engine by absorbing harmful contaminants and preventing formation of deposits on pistons and rings
• Protects clutch from wear and tear by creating adequate friction and grip between clutch plates to prevent slipping
• Protects gearbox from scuffing and scoring with anti-wear additives that help prevent metal to metal contact
Meets API SG and requirements of JASO T903 friction-MA.
Castrol Go! 2T Featuring Deposit Control Formula
Exclusive Deposit Control Formula that is designed to ensure a trouble-free ride time after time.
• Deposit Control Formula:
• Protects against the build-up of carbon deposits on the piston and spark plug
• Ensures fast and reliable starting
• Visibly reduces exhaust smoke in comparison with conventional mineral oils
• Exceeds specifications: JASO FB, API TC, ISO-L-EGD
How does Castrol® maintain best-in-class engineering for its motorcycle oils? Castrol has 13 R&D centers worldwide, including a world class motorcycle development and testing lab in Pangbourne, UK.
How does Castrol® test its lubricants?
Castrol has sponsored winning race team HONDA MOTO GP and land speed record holder TRIUMPH ROCKET, to gain valuable insights from professional riders for enhancing engine performance for Castrol’s race derived formulations.
In addition to industry certifications like JASO MA2 and API SL, what types of lab testing are used to validate Castrol® MOTO lubricants performance?
Castrol has invested in creating an exclusive range of bike tests that put MCO oils through challenging, protracted testing that required the development of Flossie, Castrol’s state-of-the-art robotic motorcycle test rider. (Shown Above)
Does Castrol sell other lubricants in addition to engine oils for motorcycles?
The Castrol high performance motorcycle lubricant portfolio includes full synthetic and part-synthetic motorcycle engine oils [4 and 2 cycle oils], ancillary gear oils, and brake fluids for motorcycle riders and race enthusiasts.
Where can I buy Castrol® motorcycle oil and gear lubricants?
The Castrol® motorcycle portfolio consists of engine and gear lubricants that are sold both through wholesale distributors and national retailers. To best serve our customers, our lubricants are sold by specialty auto parts stores and online retailers:
Advance Auto Parts, Amazon, Autozone, Car Quest, Cycle Gear, The Home Depot, NAPA Auto Parts, O’Reilly’s Auto Parts, Parts Unlimited, Revzilla.com, Tucker Rocky Distributing, Wal-Mart and Western Power Sports.
What is the expected engine lifespan for a motorcycle? Riders typically consider 25,000 miles on a motorcycle to be high miles, but motorcycle engines if properly maintained at service intervals can last over 250,000 miles. Irv Gordon drove his car over 3,000,000 miles using Castrol® oil at Castrol.com/history Become a part of the CastrolMOTO community by connecting with us on CastrolMoto Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Why don’t all motorcycle oil manufacturers offer a MOTORCYCLE ENGINE WARRANTY?
As the manufacturer of the World’s Best Motorcycle oil brands, Castrol® is proud to offer motorcycle owners a robust Castrol® Motorcycle Engine Warranty. The Castrol® Motorcycle Engine Warranty reflect our leadership in manufacturing high performance lubricants and oils that enhance bike performance and protect hard working engine components. To learn more, visit www.castrol.com
Where can I find the Castrol MOTORCYCLE ENGINE WARRANTY, and what does it cover? Please visit www.castrol.com/warranty to view and register for the Castrol MOTORCYCLE ENGINE WARRANTY. A copy of the warranty will be e-mailed to you upon completion of the online registration.
Why should I apply for the Castrol® MOTORCYCLE Engine Warranty?
- It’s MAXIMUM PROTECTION for one of your prized possessions!
Because your professional installer believes in Castrol®’s premium line of oils designed specifically for high revving motorcycles
What does the warranty cover?
The Castrol® Engine Warranty program covers your engine from oil-related mechanical failure or abnormal wear if you:
· Use Castrol® POWER1® advanced full synthetic motorcycle motor oil exclusively and you are eligible to be covered for 150,000 miles or 10 years*^
· Use Castrol® ACT>EVO® part synthetic blend motorcycle motor oil exclusively and you are eligible to be covered for 125,000 miles or 10 years*^
· Use Castrol® ACT>EVO® or used another brand of synthetic blend motorcycle oil, and switch to Castrol® POWER1® full synthetic, motorcycle oil, after the first 5,000 miles, you’re eligible to be covered for 125,000 miles or 8 years*^
Switch to Castrol® ACT>EVO® synthetic blend motorcycle oil after using another brand of synthetic blend motorcycle oil , after the first 5,000 miles, you’re eligible to be covered for 75,000 miles or 8 years*^
Engine Oil used
Mileage covered / Time covered
150,000 / 10 years *^
100,000 / 10 years *^
Used Castrol ACT>EVO and switch to Castrol POWER1
125,000 / 8 years *^
Switch to Castrol ACT>EVO after using anther brand of synthetic blend motorcycle oil
75,000 / 8 years *^
Does my vehicle qualify?
- You have maintained your vehicle in accordance with OEM’s recommendation for oil change service cited in your vehicle owner’s manual
- Your vehicle is not subject to any exclusion as set forth in the Warranty Details
- You own or lease a motorcycle that’s engine hasn’t been modified or customized. Your vehicle has been driven less than 30,000 miles and the vehicle is 6 years old or less
What happens next?
Upon our receipt of your eligible Registration/Owner’s Statement, your detailed Engine Warranty Terms & Conditions Certificate will be e-mailed to you.
How do I keep my warranty valid?*
- Have Castrol® motorcycle oils professionally installed per the guidelines in your Warranty Certificate
- If you change your own oil, install Castrol Motorcycle Oils per the guidelines in your Warranty Certificate
- Maintain copies of your oil-change service receipts. Receipts must indicate the installer name, date of service, odometer reading, brand of Castrol® motorcycle oil installed and price paid
* Refer to actual Terms & Conditions for complete details
^ Whichever comes first
For more information about Castrol® products, log onto www.castrol.com/us