High viscosity, multipurpose axle fluid oil for use in differentials, final drives and other applications where API GL-5 is required.
Recommended for use in differentials, gear boxes and steering gears of cars. Castrol Axle EPX 85W-140 should be considered for use over the lighter Castrol Axle EPX 80W-90 when ambient temperatures are high (in the vicinity of 30?C or above).
Features & Benefits
- Wide range of European OEM approvals
- High load carrying capability ensures gears operating under high loads are protected prolonging component life
- High film strength ensures protection against wear and shock loads
- Good thermal/oxidation stability protects against the formation of harmful deposits and oil thickening thus prolonging of both lubricant and components
- API GL-5
- SAE J306B Viscosity Classification 85W-140
- ZF TE-ML 16D, 21A
- Ford ESW-M2C-108A
- US MIL-L-210. B. C and D 85W-140
- Chrysler 41/MS 3725