Castrol EDGE 5W-40 SN is an advanced full synthetic engine oil that provides outstanding wear protection in high performance engines designed to run at their optimum level on lower viscosity oils. Castrol EDGE 5W-40 SN should be used in engines where maximum efficiency and protection is demanded.
Castrol EDGE is tested to its limits. Find out why your engine oil needs to be strong.
Formulated for performance vehicles in both petrol and diesel* passenger and light commercial vehicles, naturally aspirated or turbocharged.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Castrol EDGE 5W-40 SN:
- Delivers unsurpassed levels of protection across a variety of driving conditions and temperatures providing maximum short and long term engine performance.
- Superior thermal stability ensures minimal breakdown in formulation and minimal engine deposits for cleaner engine internals and ultimate engine protection.
- Reduces engine deposits to help maximise engine response & improves engine efficiency.
- Helps engines run cooler, contributing to longer engine life and reduces engine deposits to help maximise engine response.
- Engineered to minimise oil consumption, ensuring the maximum potential is available from the oil throughout the service interval.
- Exceptional flow characteristics in low ambient temperatures ensure engine protection from the first moments of ignition, minimising wear and damage.
- Excellent light duty diesel engine performance; suits modern direct injection engines without DPF.
Castrol EDGE 5W-40 SN exceeds many current lubricant performance standards and exceeds the most demanding European, American and Japanese service requirements. Castrol EDGE 5W-40 SN is approved by the majority of motor manufacturers that have systematic testing and approval regimes.
Suitable where the following requirements are called for:
- API SN/CF
- ACEA A3/B4
- BMW Longlife – 01
- VW 502 00/ 505 00
- MB – Approval 229.3
- RN0710 / RN0700
- Porsche A40
*This product is not suitable for vehicles fitted with Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF).