FIND THE RIGHT OIL FOR YOUR ENGINE
Severe driving conditions such as heavy traffic, poor fuel quality, harsh weather conditions and exceeding oil change intervals can all cause the build-up of a thick, tar-like substance called sludge. If untreated, it can rob an engine of power and, ultimately, its life. This oil is specially engineered to prevent the harmful build-up of sludge, reduce oil deposits and provide daily protection for your engine. To get more miles from your engine ask for the right oil from the successful Castrol GTX range. Your best miles are ahead with Castrol GTX.
TRISHIELD™ TECHNOLOGY FOR SUPERIOR SLUDGE PROTECTION
TriShield™ is a unique triple-action technology that attracts, captures and disperses particles that can build up in engines and causes sludge build-up. TriShield stops small particles from becoming big problems, and protects the car you rely on. This innovative technology uses a polymer that contains two chemical hooks that attract and capture both sludge and soot in a single molecule, helping to prevent particles from building up. With TriShield Technology, Castrol has improved the potency and protection that GTX provides.
Benefits of Castrol GTX:
- Unique TriShield™ technology actively protects against particles that build up in car engines with the most advanced sludge-fighting ingredients
- Castrol GTX uses premium, custom-made additives and is the most advanced conventional oil available
- Ultra-low friction improves gas mileage**
- Maximum protection against viscosity and thermal breakdown
CASTROL® GTX® HIGH MILEAGE
HELPS PREVENT EMISSION SYSTEM FAILURE AND EXTEND VEHICLE LIFE
Castrol® GTX® High Mileage™ - the #1 High Mileage brand - is a premium synthetic blend motor oil specifically formulated for vehicles with over 75,000 miles. Catalytic converter failure is one of the most common – and costliest – problems faced by higher mileage vehicles. Phosphorus is an industry recognized catalyst poison. All motor oils contain phosphorus as part of the additive package to help prevent engine wear. Castrol GTX High Mileage’s advanced formula is specially formulated with less phosphorus than other leading high mileage and conventional oils; which helps prevent catalytic converter and emission system failure. Castrol GTX High Mileage contains a patented Phosphorus Replacement™ technology that provides unsurpassed protection against sludge, wear and oil burn-off.* If your vehicle has over 75,000 miles, now is the time to switch to the oil that will help prevent emission system failure and extend vehicle life better than any other conventional or high mileage oil – advanced formula Castrol GTX High Mileage. *vs. leading conventional oils, 5W-30 tested
Learn how Castrol GTX High Mileage helps extend vehicle life
Benefits of Castrol GTX High Mileage:
- Superior dispersancy that fights sludge build-up
- Exceptional oil burn-off protection exceeding industry standards**
- Seal conditioners to help reduce leaks
- Advanced additives that minimize engine wear
- Improved fuel economy***
** Based on API and ACEA volatility specifications *** In 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 grades versus industry specifications Castrol GTX High Mileage’s advanced formula is available in the following grades: 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30, 10W-40 and 20W-50****. All grades are API SN and the 5W-20, 5W-30 and 10W-30 are also ILSAC GF-5. ****Current formula of 20W-50 available today; advanced formula available in summer 2015
CASTROL® GTX® SYNBLEND™
THE BEST GTX YOU CAN GET
CASTROL® GTX® SYNBLEND™ is a premium synthetic blend motor oil specially engineered with TriShield™ Technology to provide maximum wear protection. TriShield™ actively protects against particles that build up in car engines with the most advanced sludge-fighting ingredients. Modern engine technology is focused on getting more power out of smaller engines. This results in more heat and stress on key engine components, which can make newer engines more vulnerable to sludge and wear. GTX SynBlend cools critical engine parts providing a superior level of protection against wear and oil burn-off.
Benefits of Castrol GTX:
- Unsurpassed protection against engine wear and harmful sludge
- A higher level of thermal stability vs. conventional oils
- Maximum viscosity and oil burn-off protection
- Castrol GTX SynBlend now meets dexos™ performance requirements and is available in a 0W-20 grade.
1 In Sequence IVA wear test and Sequence VG test. 2 In 5W-30 grade only. Dexos1 is a trademark of the General Motors Co. PDS/MSDS
CASTROL® GTX® DIESEL
Castrol provides protection for diesel oil engines that can withstand the wear and tear of severe weather, rugged roads and heavy tows. Castrol® GTX® Diesel is designed to help your engine run more efficiently and extend engine life. It has special viscosity, anti-wear, anti-oxidant and detergent additives to protect your engine and maintain cleanliness.
- Superior dispersancy technology to manage high soot levels
- Highest level of detergent to neutralize acids generated by working diesel engines
- Castrol GTX Diesel includes leading anti-oxidation performance to fight sludge buildup and preserve diesel engine efficiency
- Low sulfated Ash, Phosphorus, and Sulfur technology to protect exhaust after-treatment devices in new diesel engines
- Castrol GTX Diesel is applicable for gasoline and diesel light trucks and passenger cars where API CJ-4, CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF SL or SL SJ engine oil are recommended
- Castrol GTX Diesel engine oil exceeds Cummins CES 20081 specification