The terms and conditions set out below ("Terms and Conditions") apply to the Castrol Oil Win A Ford Promotion ("Promotion") being run and administered by Castrol Oil ("Promoter" or "us" or "we"). These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications sent to you by us, including advertising or promotional materials. Prize redemption instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by entering this Promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted, and shall be bound by, the Terms and Conditions. This version of the Terms and Conditions applies to Participants (defined below) in the Republic of South Africa.
1. Important Provisions
We have a duty, in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008 ("CPA") to point out certain important provisions in these Terms and Conditions to you. The clauses which contain these important provisions and the reasons why they are important are set out below. It is very important that you read all of these clauses carefully and not just what we say below.
1.1 Limitation of risk, legal responsibilities and liability. Clauses 12, 16, 18, 21 and 22 herein below are important because they limit and exclude obligations, liabilities and legal responsibilities that we and other persons or entities may otherwise have to you. As a result of these clauses, your rights and remedies against us and these other persons and entities are limited or excluded. These clauses also limit or exclude your right to recover from, or make claims against, Castrol Oil for losses, damages, liability or harm you or others may suffer as a result of your participation in the Promotion. Clause 20 herein below is particularly important because you take on risk, legal responsibilities and liability. In terms of this clause, you may be responsible for taxes, fees, claims and other amounts. You will also be responsible for, and you accept, various risks, damages, harm, and injury which may be suffered by you and others for what is stated in this clause.
1.2 Indemnities by you. Clauses 15, 16, 21 and 22 herein below requires you to indemnify (hold harmless) us and other persons or entities against claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered by us and other persons or entities as a result of the events set out in clauses 16 and 21 herein below. You are also required to indemnify us and other persons and entities against claims for loss, damages, and harm that may be made by any person or entity as a result of the events set out in clauses 18, 21 and 22 herein below. This places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on you, and you will be responsible and liable for the payment of the value of the claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered or claimed.
2. The Promoter is BP South Africa [Reg:1924/002602/07] with their registered address at 199 Oxford Road, Oxford Parks, Randburg, Johannesburg.
3. The promotion is valid only in South Africa and is open to every South African citizen that is aged 18 or over.
4. The Promotion is not open to any agencies, sales agents/ merchandisers, packaging suppliers and their immediate family members (spouses, life partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) or their business partners, or any person who is (i) a director, member, partner, or agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, the Promoter; or (ii) a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Promoter.
5. The promotion is not open to employees and their immediate families of BP South Africa (Pty) Ltd & Africa Automotive Aftermarket Solutions (Pty) Ltd.
6. Participation in the promotion constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. All information relating to this promotion and published on any promotional material will form part of the Terms and Conditions of entry. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions in its sole discretion at any time and the amendments will be deemed to have taken effect on the date of publication of the revised Terms and Conditions on the Promoter’s website.
7. The promotion will run from 25 February 2019 00h00 and end on 20 April 2019 at 23h59. No entries received before 25 February 2019 00h00 and after 20 April 2019 at 23h59 will be accepted.
8. Participants wishing to participate in the Promotion must:
8.1 Purchase any 5 litre Castrol MAGNATEC Oil at participating Midas and independently owned stores.
8.2 Retain till slip as proof of purchase. Unclear or illegible till slips will not be accepted.
8.3 Collect a scratch card at the till point & scratch to reveal the unique code. If three identical icons are matched, the Participant has won Castrol merchandise. Refer to clause 11.
8.4 SMS the unique code to 30533.
8.5 SMSs are reverse billed and are free for the user
9. You stand to win Castrol merchandise, as well as be entered into the main draw to win a Ford Focus.
10. Prizes are not transferable and prizes or any portion thereof may not be exchanged for cash.
11. Participants who have matched three icons in a row on their scratch card have won Castrol merchandise, they must do the following to claim their prizes:
11.1 WhatsApp or SMS a picture of the winning scratch card, along with their name and surname and the name of the store where they received the scratch card to the relevant regional Castrol representative as listed below. This information will also be available in store.
11.2 The relative representative as stipulated below, will arrange directly with the winner for their prize to be delivered to their local Castrol lubricants store.
Name Contact No. Region
- Masimthembe Gomomo 076 595 3660 Gauteng
- Hylton Halfpenny 083 401 6793 Mpumalanga
- Robbie Coetzee 071 813 6580 Limpopo
- Jazz van Zyl 071 264 3785 Western Cape
- Mike Elliot 083 401 6739 Eastern Cape
- Thaven Govender 083 401 6754 KwaZulu-Natal
- Lalla Oberholzer 083 290 0444 North West
- Francois du Plessis 081 849 4192 Free State
- Braam Barnard 074 258 2264 Northern Cape
11.3 The merchandise may differ from the images used in the Point of Sale material.
12. The main prize of the Ford Focus will be awarded by means of an audited computerised draw and will take place in the presence of an auditor at the offices of Strike Media, no later than the 28th of April 2019.
12.1 Winners will be contacted by a Castrol representative within seven working days of the draw.
12.2 Winners will be contacted via telephone, on the number used to enter the competition. In such event that a winner is not contactable within 48 hours of the first attempt to contact them, then such winner will forfeit their prize and a stand-by winner will be called, with the same call process as described herein being followed.
12.3 In order to claim their prize, the winner will be required to email a copy of their till slip to the Castrol representative, confirm their physical address, name, surname and details of the store where they made their purchase and supply proof of a valid recognised drivers license.
12.4 The car colour of the Ford Focus may vary from what is shown on the Point Of Sale material. It is subject to what Ford Focus inventory is available at the time of awarding the prize.
13. By accepting the prize, a winner acknowledges that he/she accepts the prize at his/her own risk.
14. You may enter the promotion as many times as you like, but you will need to make a new purchase of a participating Castrol MAGNATEC 5 litre oil for every entry and retain your till slip as proof of purchase.
15. By entering this competition Participants are given the opportunity to Opt In to allow Castrol Oil and their respective Brands to collect, store and use (not share) their personal information for communication, statistical purposes and marketing communication.
16. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, for any prizes (Instant prizes and Merchandise Prizes) which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or any inability by the winner to redeem their prize.
17. As far as the law allows, all Participants indemnify the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, against any/all claims of any nature whatsoever for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever connected to or arising from their participation in any way in this Promotion and/or any receipt of and/or enjoyment of the prize.
18. By taking part in this Promotion, Participants hereby warrant that all information submitted to the Promoter is true, current and complete.
19. The Promoter, in its sole discretion, may decline to award a prize if there is a reasonable suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities. The decision of the Promoter in this regard shall be final and binding.
20. As far as the law allows, all warranties and representations in relation to the Promotion not set out in these Terms and Conditions (whether express, implied or tacit) are hereby excluded.
21. As far as the law allows, the Promoter shall only be responsible for those costs which these Terms and Conditions expressly say that the Promoter will pay. The Participant is responsible for (i) any and all applicable local taxes and fees; and (ii) all other costs incurred by it, or arising directly or indirectly from, the Participant's participation in the Promotion, or from the acceptance, receipt, use or enjoyment of any prize. Without limiting the rest of this clause 21, the participant will be responsible for the cost of submitting proof of purchase and entering the promotion and any data charges that apply, as per the tariff rates charged by the participant’s mobile network provider.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the Promotion immediately and without notice if circumstances beyond its reasonable control prevent the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, from continuing to conduct the Promotion. In the event of such termination, as far as the law allows, all Participants acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, in respect thereof.
23. As far as the law allows the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) agents and suppliers, shall not be responsible for a Participant's failure to access the Promotion for any reason whatsoever including, by way of example only, as a consequence of communications or network failures.
24. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa.
25. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
26. If you require any help or have any enquiries, please contact the Castrol Oil promotional helpline by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org