- Customer was replacing bucket pins and bushings on three of its large wheel loaders approximately every six months while using a lithium-complex multipurpose grease
- Customer had just completed the replacement of new pins and bushings on the majority of the equipment, so the customer was open to doing a trial to test another grease in order to cut down on its replacement-part costs
- A trial was implemented using Castrol Pyroplex Gold #2 on three wheel loaders
- During the trial, Pyroplex Gold #2 grease with 6% molybdenum disulfide and additional lubricating solids provided the protection necessary for this high-stress articulation joint application
- After a 6-month trial with no problems, the customer decided to use Pyroplex Gold #2 in all the articulation joints on equipment across its fleet
- Component life increased from six months to over two years
- Because the customer was so satisfied with the performance of the Pyroplex Gold #2 grease, it began using it across its fleet for similar applications
- This customer experienced an annual savings of $60,000 in parts and labor
Go-Forward Maintenance Recommendation
It was recommended that this customer continues to use Pyroplex Gold #2 grease on all articulation joints on applicable equipment in its fleet.
Delivering Value that Matters
Pyroplex Gold #2 grease also proved to work well in the fleet’s automatic lubrication systems and, as an added benefit, it didn’t require changing the NLGI grade for pumpability.