A successful used oil analysis program requires an organized and sustained effort by both the end user and the Castrol® Labcheck® laboratory. Both must work together in all aspects of the program to achieve optimal machine health and reliability.
The following five steps are fundamental to maintaining a successful oil analysis program:
- Clearly define program goals and requirements to be sure that the test packages being used are appropriate for the application and that the service is being fully utilized on a regular, ongoing basis
- Take representative samples that are indicative of the true condition of the lubricant and the component. This will help ensure the testing and analysis performed is accurate and reliable
- Provide complete and accurate sample details, which will allow the lab to provide an accurate interpretation of the test results with well-informed, actionable recommendations
- Review test reports promptly to be sure abnormal (C-code) or critical (D-code) machine or lubricant conditions are addressed quickly to minimize equipment damage and production losses
- Ensure frequent communication with your Castrol sales and field engineering representatives to understand and optimize interpretations and recommendations, as well as any required maintenance actions
Please click the links below to download helpful Labcheck support documents: