With SYSTEM 5 TECHNOLOGY® for up to 20% better performance *
Castrol Vecton 15W-40 CJ-4 E9 is an advanced diesel engine oil that maximises engine performance in the latest US, European and Japanese heavy-duty diesel engines including severe applications such as high loads and multi-trailer operations.
Modern engines operate in constantly changing conditions which impact on engine performance. Castrol Vecton 15W-40 CJ-4/E9 with unique System 5 Technology® adapts to these changing conditions to maximise performance in 5 key areas:
- Fuel consumption: Fights oil thickening due to it’s unique additive system, it delivers superior viscosity stability, resulting in better fuel efficiency.
- Oil consumption: Fights piston deposits by minimising harmful deposits, resulting in lower oil consumption.
- Oil drain Interval: Fights contaminants, resulting in longer oil drain intervals.
- Component life: Fights wear and corrosion by providing a robust oil film, enhancing the life of critical engine components. Also formulated with lower levels of Sulphated Ash, Phosphorous and Sulphur than conventional oils to maintain the efficienty of exhaust after treatment systems eg. DPF or DPD, and ensures contintinuing compliance with emmisions legislation and reduces maintenance costs of emission systems.
- Power: Fights soot abrasive wear, improving engine power all the way through the oil drain.
Castrol Vecton 15W-40 CJ-4/E9 is recommended for most highly loaded, heavy duty four stroke diesel engines from US, European and Japanese manufacturers, to ADR 80/03 and earlier specifications. Castrol Vecton 15W-40 CJ-4/E9 has the ability to extend oil drains. However, an extended drain interval programme should be undertaken in conjunction with Castrol Technical Services who can assist with oil sampling frequency and interpretation of oil analysis results. The soot handling performance of Castrol Vecton 15W-40 CJ-4/E9 will provide the protection required for the latest emission engines and enhanced performance in earlier engines. It has also given fleet managers looking to extend engine life by decreasing engine wear the confidence to do so safely. Castrol Vecton 15W-40 CJ-4/E9 is recommended where low ash oils are recommended or preferred by the engine OEM. Suits most applications where Diesel Particulate Filters, (DPF), Diesel Particulate Diffusers (DPD), or similar devices are fitted. Suitable for use with Biodiesel – As per OEM recommended oil drain intervals.
API CJ-4 Mack EO-O Premium Plus MB - Approval 228.31 Caterpillar ECF-3 Cummins CES 20081 DDC Power Guard 93K218 Volvo VDS-4 RVI RLD-3 ACEA E9 JASO DH-2
* Compared to CJ-4 limits for oil thickening, piston deposits, soot handling, wear and corrosion in industry testing. ** THIS DATA SHEET DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT IN TERMS OF PROPERTIES