Castrol is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information provided by you. The following terms are designed to explain how we manage your information and to assure you that precautions are taken to ensure its security.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Castrol gathers various information about customers and potential customers that access its website. This information includes:
- personal information, provided through voluntary registration or by you through any other method
- personal information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of the websites, including the content you access
- and aggregated data, which tracks traffic to the websites but do not relate to you personally.
The information that Castrol may collect from you will be held by Castrol, Castrol's agents, and Castrol's internet service provider to enable you to access this web site. If at any time you do not want to provide personal information online, you may contact us via telephone or email. If you do not provide necessary personal information when requested, certain functions or services may not be available to you online.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Castrol collects personal information for the following purposes:
- to assist Castrol in providing you with products and services
- to respond to and process your requests or communications
- for internal research purposes
- to inform you of and provide you with new and existing products and services offered by Castrol and selected third parties from time to time
- to provide you with information about your account including credit, transaction and pricing information and
- for any other use that you authorise.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Castrol will not sell, or allow third parties access to your information without your approval. However, from time to time Castrol may disclose the information it collects for the following purposes: Castrol will not sell, or allow third parties access to your information without your approval. However, from time to time Castrol may disclose the information it collects for the following purposes:
- to the New Zealand government and its sanctioned agencies and departments for the purpose of meeting their requirements
- to communications agencies used to fulfil your communication requests
- to trusted third parties, provided Castrol has your prior authorisation, to help us process the information for specific projects and
- to third parties, when Castrol believes in good faith that Castrol is required to do so by law.
Such disclosures may include the transfer of your personal details between countries.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
All personal or sensitive information transmitted by Castrol uses secure server software. With many browsers, you will see a small padlock at the bottom of your browser which will confirm that the page you are transmitting data through is encrypted. All personal or sensitive information transmitted by Castrol is encrypted in accordance with the worldwide standard for internet browser encryption. This encryption provides greater security than many forms of offline credit card payment. As an additional security measure, your credit card may also be protected by your bank. Be certain to check the terms and conditions, and your responsibilities with your bank or credit card provider. As no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive through our websites. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may access your information, or request Castrol to access your information, at any time. You may update your online services profile, correct any information held about you, or opt in or out of receiving email communication by Castrol. You may request to be removed from any mailing list or similar service which Castrol provides you (subject to any additional terms which may apply to the relevant list or service) by ringing the Castrol on 09 639 0000. If you have registered as a user on this website, you may access your information by logging in with your username and password.
- track traffic patterns to and from its websites
- to display information and preferences relevant to you, based on information we collect when you visit our websites and
- to enable you to use certain functions and services on our websites.
Castrol websites also use pixels, or transparent GIF files, to help manage online advertising. These GIF files are provided by our ad management partner, DoubleClick. These files enable DoubleClick to recognise a unique cookie on your Web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our websites. The cookies are placed by us on partner sites and HTML emails, or by our agencies who work with DoubleClick. With both cookies and Spotlight technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address.