WITH DIESEL PRICES RISING RELENTLESSLY, FUEL ECONOMY IS ALWAYS A TOP PRIORITY FOR OUR CUSTOMERS – SO TO DEMONSTRATE THE SAVINGS CASTROL VECTON FUEL SAVER CAN OFFER, WE CREATED A RIGOROUS TEST USING A FLORAL TRANSPORTATION FLEET IN THE SOUTHERN UNITED STATES…
“Over the 2.3 million km trial, castrol VECTON fuel saver demonstrated fuel savings of up to 4%† across the fleet”
- 10 vehicles fitted with Cummins ISX engines were used to test the potential fuel saving benefits of Castrol VECTON Fuel Saver vs. a base test oil
- The standard oil drain interval for the fleet was 40,000 KM
- Over the entire trial the 10 test trucks completed approximately 2.3 million KM
- All the vehicles were fitted with a system designed and developed by Castrol using telematics technology to record various data sets to allow fuel consumption to be calculated accurately across the drain period
- The fuel economy data was verified by an independent statistician
- The data obtained from the test showed that Castrol VECTON Fuel Saver can offer fuel savings of up to 4%†.
† Compared to 15W-40 mineral oil.