LIVING ON THE EDGE FOR OVER 100 YEARS
Since the late 19th century, Castrol has always been at the cutting-edge for engine oil technology and innovation. Founder Charles Wakefield worked with customers and world-leading pioneers in the motorcar, motorcycle and aviation industries to create ground-breaking products.
This relentless spirit continues today, constantly testing and improving what came before.
In life, business or sport, the secret to staying ahead can only be unlocked by constantly pushing ourselves. At Castrol, we call this ‘living on the edge’.
SOME EXAMPLES OF HOW WE’VE UNLOCKED EXHILARATING PERFORMANCE:
- In 1919, Castrol lubricated the first transatlantic flight.
- The land speed record has been broken an incredible 21 times with Castrol!
- Castrol has supplied NASA with lubricants for the space shuttle programme since the 1980s. Even today, Castrol greases are lubricating NASA’s Curiosity Rover on Mars!
- Castrol and Honda have won over 500 motorcycle World Championship races.
- Castrol reinvented motor oil by introducing additive technology to neutralise impurities and keep engines cleaner.
- The unique Fluid TITANIUM in Castrol EDGE physically transforms its structure to be stronger under pressure and reduces performance-robbing friction.OIL SELECTORFind the right oil for your car.Find out how Castrol EDGE technology unlocks your engine performance