An advanced full synthetic engine oil formulated for prestige and high performance engines in both petrol and diesel passenger* and light commercial vehicles, naturally aspirated or turbocharged.
Castrol EDGE 0W-40 A3/B4 gives you the confidence to demand maximum engine performance from today’s prestige and high performance vehicles requiring lower viscosity higher performance oils. Castrol EDGE 0W-40 A3/B4 is proven in tests to deliver outstanding oil strength.
The exceptional characteristics of Castrol EDGE 0W-40 A3/B4 ensure that all engine components, from the valve train to the bearings are fully lubricated to provide optimum engine performance and protection.
* Excludes diesel passenger vehicles fitted with Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF).
Castrol EDGE is tested to its limits. Learn why engine oil needs to be strong.
Castrol EDGE 0W-40 A3/B4 provides outstanding wear protection in performance engines designed to run at their optimum level on lower viscosity oils. Use in engines where maximum efficiency and protection is demanded.
Features & Benefits
Castrol EDGE 0W-40 A3/B4 contains TITANIUM Fluid Strength Technology™ which:
- Delivers excellent levels of protection across a variety of driving conditions and temperatures.
- Helps engines run cooler, contributing to longer engine life and reduces engine deposits to help maximise engine response.
- Is extreme tested to deliver maximum horsepower up to 40% longer than other synthetic oils.
- Superior thermal stability ensures minimal breakdown in formulation and minimal engine deposits for cleaner engine internals and ultimate engine protection.
- Engineered to minimise oil consumption, ensuring the maximum potential is available from the oil throughout the service interval.
- Excellent light duty diesel engine performance; suits modern direct injection engines without DPF.
Castrol EDGE 0W-40 A3/B4 exceeds many current lubricant performance standards and exceeds the most demanding European, American and Japanese service requirements. Castrol EDGE 0W-40 A3/B4 is approved by the majority of motor manufacturers that have systematic testing and approval regimes.
Meets or exceeds industry specifications:
- API SN/CF
- ACEA A3/B4
- BMW Longlife – 01
- VW 502 00/ 505 00
- MB-Approval 229.3/ 229.5
- Porsche A40