Multipurpose Grease with Molybdenum Disulphide
Castrol Moly Grease is a multipurpose grease, fortified with solid lubricant and developed for both Automotive and Industrial applications. It is based on an optimised balance of mineral base oil, lithium thickener technology and a specially selected additive system incorporating EP/anti-wear chemistry, antioxidants and corrosion inhibitors. The inclusion of molybdenum disulphide enhances load carrying performance whilst reducing friction, especially in those components where reciprocating or sliding motion is prevalent.
Castrol Moly Grease is suitable for use in a wide range of slow to medium speed bearings where shock loads or excessive vibration is likely and there is a specific requirement for the use of a grease fortified with molybdenum disulphide. The inclusion of solid lubricant with its friction reducing capability makes Castrol Moly Grease particularly suitable for applications involving reciprocation and/or sliding motion where the prevention of scuffing and fretting is desirable. The multipurpose nature of Castrol Moly Grease enables its use on both passenger car and commercial vehicle components including flexible joints pivot pins, cams, screw threads, splined shafts, slides and fifth wheels.
- Excellent mechanical stability ensure the structural integrity of the grease is maintained, thereby extending relubrication intervals.
- Good extreme pressure and anti-wear properties provide extended protection in loaded applications resulting in longer component life.
- The presence of molybdenum disulphide offers the benefit of reduced friction and resistance to shock loads.
- Enhanced component protection under boundary lubrication conditons.
- Good water resistance and corrosion protection afford longer surface protection in applications with the potential for a degree of water contamination.
- Mutipurpose capability increases the potential for reduced product inventories.