- This Super Mechanic Contest (“Contest”) will be governed by the Terms and Conditions contained herein below (“T&C”). Each Participant agrees that he/she has read and understood the T&C by participating in the Contest and each Participant agrees to be bound by the T&C.
- The Organizer of the Contest is Castrol India Limited (“Castrol”). Participant is defined as a person participating in the Contest.
- The Contest will be conducted in the following manner:
Registrations and Round 1:
- Participants to register by calling a toll-free number. Registrations start from 20th April 2017
- Registered Participants can call the toll-free number as many times as they wish and answer 3 questions presented to them randomly through IVRS. These questions will test their technical and brand knowledge.
- They will be given up to 15 seconds to answer each question asked
- The score will be calculated as a combined factor of accuracy in answering the question and the speed of answering each question.
- There may be a bonus round where the registered Participants will receive a call via IVRS and stand a chance to win mobile recharges by answering three simple technical and brand related question correctly and in the shortest time.
- Castrol's teams including their Service providers will be dispatched on ground to maximise registrations
- Registrations and Round 1 will end on 15th June, 2017
- Round 2 starts on 16th June, 2017 and ends on 10th July, 2017
- Round 2 will follow the same process of IVRS led contest as mentioned in points 4.a.(b), 4.a.(c), and 4.a.(d)
- The Winners to proceed to the next round are selected as per the highest scores across Round 1 & Round 2.
- In case of a tie, the registered Participant to proceed to regional rounds will be selected as per Castrol’s discretion.
- Winners from the IVR rounds will travel to the nearest regional event, and participate in a skill and practical knowledge based Contest to represent the region at Super Mechanic finale.
- Winners from each regional round will proceed for the national finale.
- Participants will participate in Skill and technical knowledge based rounds.
- Winners of the National Round may get to represent India at the ASIAN’s best mechanic contest
Disqualified Participants’ are:
- All Castrol employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
- All people under the age of 18 years
- All people who don’t adhere to Castrol’s HSSE rules (http://www.castrol.com/en_in/india/about-us/safety-and-environment.html) during the contest duration.
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
- Entry is limited to 1 per person. Registered mobile number used to participate on the Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) is the unique identifier of the Participant and must not be changed for the duration of the contest.
- Entry into the Contest is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority, wherever required
- Castrol shall not be liable for any cost incurred by the participant for participating in the Contest.
- Castrol will not accept any responsibility for entries lost, delayed or misdirected. Castrol shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunication networks, internet access or otherwise preventing entry to the Contest.
- The participant shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the prize do not contravene any local laws or regulations.
- Castrol shall have sole discretion in shortlisting the entries and deciding on the Winner. Participants shall not be entitled to question the selection procedure.
- No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Contest
- Only persons who are residents of India and can form legally binding contracts under the Contract Act, 1872 are eligible for participation. Persons "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to participate. The participants represent and warrant that they are a resident of India, above the age of 18 and are competent to contract. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, Castrol hereby reserves the right to deny access to the system or any part thereof to any person, without assigning any reason therefor.
- Disqualified Participants may not enter into the Contest.
- Castrol reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Contest on reasonable grounds.
- Castrol reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Castrol decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, participants grant Castrol exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Contest and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Contest’s completion
- The telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. The entrant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used for future promotion and marketing purposes
Winning the Prize
- Only the person who originally entered the Contest can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the T&C
- Castrol’s determination of the Winner will be final
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), mail or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by Castrol. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another Winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced the Prize will stand forfeited. . (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any contact numbers entered into our Databases during the period of the Contest)
- The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Contest becomes unavailable for any reason Castrol may substitute a prize of their choice.
- Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s license, passport, birth certificate).
- The Winner shall not bring any action, claim, damages or other proceedings against Castrol, it’s Directors, agents, employees, licensees or assigns, the event sponsors, or any company or persons associated with Castrol in the event suffering any personal injury or death or any damage being caused to any property belonging to them.
- The Winner undertakes to indemnify Castrol, its Directors, agents, employees, licensees and assigns, and the event sponsors from all claims, demands, damages or expenses as a result of breaching these conditions, negligence or otherwise arising out of their participation in the Contest.
- The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
- Where the prize includes air/train travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic (“the Travel Prize”):
- the Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
- Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner)
- For air travel; the Winner is responsible for transport to & from their residence to their nearest national/international airport
- For train travel; the Winner is responsible for transport to & from their residence to their nearest train station
- Flight/train tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The flight/train itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline's/train’s departure city and their current flight/train schedule. Unless otherwise specified, the air travel is economy class, and Train travel is 2nd Class.
- Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Travel Prize details, made by the Winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Travel Prize Winner.
- The Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the T&C and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner's control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
- Castrol makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the India Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The Winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
- All travel is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Travel Prize service providers.. The Winner must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to Castrol in its absolute discretion, if requested by Castrol.
Traveling to participate in the various Contest phases by invitation from Castrol
- The Participant MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
- Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Participant)
- Participants are responsible for all travel arrangements during the course of the contest
- For Participants invited to participate, in the event that Castrol has agreed to reimburse the Participants for Travel expenses, this will be done on actuals against ticket copies, proof of payment and other relevant documentation. In the above mentioned case, Castrol will only reimburse pre-approved expenses, mode of travel will need to be in line with guidelines that will be issued by Castrol
- Participants will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- In case the Participant is unable to travel during the stipulated time periods for participation in the contest, Castrol reserves the right to disqualify the Participant from the Contest
- Castrol makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination, or during the course of travel. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the India Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The Participant travels at his/her own risk.
- All travel is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the service providers. The Winner must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to Castrol in its absolute discretion, if requested by Castrol.
- Castrol reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue the Contest at any stage, for any reason.
- Castrol shall be excused from performance under these T&C, to the extent it is prevented or delayed from performing, in whole or in part, as a result of an event or series of events caused by or resulting from: (a) acts of God; (b) acts of war, acts of terrorism, insurrection, riots, civil disorders or rebellion; (c) quarantines or embargoes; (d) labor strikes; (e) error or disruption to computer hardware or networks or software failures; (g) busy phone lines (h)erroneous text messages or (g) any other causes (whether similar or dissimilar) beyond the reasonable control of Castrol.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Castrol will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Contest entry or winning the prize.
- Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Castrol control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, Castrol has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
- Participation in the Contest is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited
- Any dispute with regard to the Contest will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of competent Courts in Mumbai only
- The participant shall not assign these T & C, or any rights, benefits or obligations hereunder without the express written permission of Castrol. Any attempted assignment that does not comply with these T & C shall be null and void. Castrol may assign these T & C, in whole or in part, to any third-party in its sole discretion.
- The T & C and other terms incorporated by reference, constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the participant and Castrol with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between the participant and Castrol with respect to such subject matter.
- Castrol reserves it right at all times to modify any part of these T & C at its sole discretion. The participant agrees to revisit the T & C regularly to ensure that they stay informed of any changes. The Participant’s use of the services after Castrol updates the T & C will constitute acceptance of the modified T & C.
- The failure of Castrol at any time to require observance or performance by the participant of any of the provisions of these T & C shall in no way affect Castrol’s right to require such observance of performance at any time thereafter, nor shall the waiver by Castrol of a breach of any provision hereof by the participant be taken or held to be a waiver of any succeeding breach of such provision. A waiver of any of the provisions herein by Castrol shall not be deemed to be a continuing waiver, but shall apply solely to the instances to which the waiver is directed.
- Each and every obligation under these T & C shall be treated as a separate obligation and shall be severally enforceable as such and in the event of any obligation or obligations being or becoming unenforceable in whole or in part. To the extent that any provision or provisions of these T & C are unenforceable, Castrol may amend such clauses as may be necessary to make the provision or provisions valid and effective. Notwithstanding the foregoing any provision which cannot be amended as may be necessary to make it valid and effective, may be deleted by Castrol from these T & C and any such deletion shall not affect the enforceability of the remainder of this these Terms.
- In the event of any dispute or difference between the participant and Castrol arising out or in any way relating these T & C, the same shall be referred to arbitration to be conducted by a sole arbitrator appointed by Castrol. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in Mumbai, in accordance with the provisions of Arbitration & Conciliation Act 1996.