115 YEARS OF PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES
Ever since our early breakthroughs in the late 19th century, Castrol has always been driven by a restless spirit of innovation and a determination to push the boundaries of what is possible - with the constant goal of developing the best engine oils. Castrol EDGE is proud to drive the pioneer spirit of Castrol, challenging the technical frontiers of strength to progress, discover and breakthrough. We celebrate and partner with those who do the same. That's why world-leading car manufacturers continue to choose Castrol. The thrill and excitement of creating and redefining what's possible drives everything we do.
SHAPING THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY FOR WELL OVER A CENTURY
When our founder Charles Cheers Wakefield patented his first lubricant, he worked with customers and world-leading pioneers in the motorcar, motorcycle and aviation industries. That innovative, collaborative spirit has kept Castrol at the forefront of cutting-edge engine oil technology - now with the doubling in oil film strength with Castrol EDGE, our strongest ever oil.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The land speed record has been broken an amazing 21 times with Castrol
- Since the 1980s, Castrol has supplied NASA with lubricants for the space shuttle program
- Castrol helped Concorde reach speeds of up to mach 2
- Castrol reinvented motor oil by introducing additive technology, to neutralise impurities and keep engines cleaner
- The TITANIUM FST™ in Castrol EDGE physically changes the way oil behaves under extreme pressures
- Castrol has long been the trusted technical partner for some of the world's most demanding motorsport teams