Help celebrate National Mechanics’ Month by nominating an amazing local mechanic – and you could win prizes for you and them!
Local mechanics & workshops do an amazing job keeping our communities running smoothly – and you can help them get the credit they deserve.
Tell us a bit about you, who you’re nominating and why (you can choose an individual mechanic or a whole workshop.) We’ll need your contact details in case we need to get in touch or send you your Castrol baseball cap!
1. This prize draw (“Prize Draw”) is open to residents in the UK.
2. All participants to the Prize Draw must be at least 18 years old. Castrol reserves the right to verify the age of participants.
3. Only one entry per person – duplicate entries will be removed.
4. Nominated Mechanics and Workshops must be working as Local Independent Workshops and not a Franchised Workshop or an Original Equipment Manufacturer as set out at paragraph 8 below.
5. The Prize Draw is not open to employees, consultants, contractors or agents of Castrol or any of its Affiliates, their families or anyone else professionally associated with the Prize Draw. For the purpose of these Terms, “Affiliate” of Castrol shall mean Castrol’s parent undertaking or its subsidiary undertaking or a subsidiary of its parent undertaking or any other person controlled by or under the same control either directly or indirectly. Parent undertaking and subsidiary undertaking will have the meanings attributed to them in section 1162 of the Companies Act 2006.
6. The promoter and data controller of this Prize Draw is Castrol Limited (reg. no. 00149435) of Technology Centre, Whitchurch Hill, Pangbourne, Reading, RG8 7QR (“Castrol”).
7. The prizes are stated below.
The nominator of a local independent workshop or mechanic could win:
1 of 200 Castrol Branded Baseball caps.
The nominated local independent workshop or mechanic could win:
Grand Prize on offer:
1 person will win a DP World Renault F1TM polo shirt signed by driver Daniel Ricciardo
Runner up prizes on offer:
20 people will win - 1 of 20 spaces to a Live Virtual F1 Experience:
20 x winners will be invited to attend a live online session to chat with a DP World Renault F1TM driver next season and a virtual tour of the team 2021 pit garage.
Dates and details of the team members and how to join the live virtual experience will be given to the winners closer to the start of the racing season – winners should receive this detail by email no later than 30th January 2021.
No guarantees are made with respect to which members of the Renault Sport F1 Team will conduct the session.
The live virtual F1 experience will be conducted in English.
Prize details are correct at the date of publication and Castrol reserves the right to substitute any element of the Prize/s with a prize of a similar nature or value should the Prize/s become unavailable for any reason. The Prize/s is/are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
8. Use of Prizes provided by any third party shall be governed by the terms and conditions of any separate agreement with that third party. Castrol and its Affiliates assume no liability whatsoever in relation to any third party provided Prizes, even if Castrol or its Affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such damages or can anticipate such damages. The Prizes must be used in accordance with all applicable health and safety standards.
9. To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must nominate their local independent workshop or a mechanic who has helped keep you on the move. Entrants must then insert their nomination, contact details, and the contact details of their chosen workshop or mechanic, completing all mandatory fields in the form in order to be entered into the prize draw. Entries are not finalised until entrants are redirected to the ‘Thank you’ page confirming that their entry has been received.
10. Entries for the Prize Draw must be received between 00:01 GMT on 1st November 2020 and 23.59 GMT on 31 December 2020 (“Entry Period”). Only fully and correctly completed entries received during the Entry Period will be accepted. Castrol and its Affiliates will not be liable for late entries or entries sent but not received.
11. Entries received outside the Entry Period will be invalid.
The winners of the Prizes will be drawn, at random, from all eligible entries on or before 7th January 2021 by an independent third party. Castrol’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to any of the winners of the Prize Draw.
12. The Prize(s), if won by a participant, must be taken as offered, may not be deferred, is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
13. Castrol will notify the winners via email by 14th January 2021. Each winner will be asked to confirm acceptance of their prize.
14. If the Prize is declined or unclaimed by a winner or if the winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied within 5 days of first attempting to notify the winner, the Prize will be forfeited. In such circumstances, Castrol reserves the right to award the Prize to another participant, selected in accordance with these Terms. The replacement winner will be notified by Castrol in the same manner prescribed above. Neither Castrol nor any Affiliate of Castrol shall have any liability to a winner in the event that the winner is unable to take up their Prize.
15. A winner must claim their prize within 5 days of notification. If a winner does not respond to accept their Prize within 5 days of notification, their Prize will be forfeited and Castrol is entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. Castrol is not liable if a Prize or any part of a Prize does not reach a winner for reasons beyond Castrol’s control or if a Prize or any part of a Prize is damaged or destroyed during delivery.
16. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these Terms upon entry and they consent to the transfer of their personal data to Castrol for the purposes of administering the Prize Draw. Castrol accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
17. By entering the Prize Draw, the winner agrees to take part in any associated publicity relating to the Prize Draw without further consent or payment when required.
18. Save that the winner’s name may be published in accordance with clause 15 above, participants’ personal information will be used by Castrol and its Affiliates for the purposes of administering the Prize Draw and notifying the winners and in accordance with Castrol’s Privacy Statement at [LINK TO CAMPAIGN PRIVACY STATEMENT] If you do not agree with the use of your data in this way, please do not enter this Prize Draw. In entering this prize draw you consent to Castrol processing your personal data.
19. If, for any reason, the internet-based entry to the Prize Draw is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Castrol which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Prize Draw, Castrol reserves the right, at its discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw.
20. Castrol may withhold the Prizes if it considers in its absolute discretion that: the participant does not meet the eligibility criteria; is in breach of these Terms; or has acted contrary to the requirement of good faith.
21. These terms and conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising out of or in connection with either the Competition or these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as limiting or excluding Castrol’s liability for fraud, death or personal injury caused by Castrol’s negligence, or any other liability to the extent the same may not be excluded as a matter of law.
23. Subject to clause 20, Castrol does not accept responsibility for the acts and omissions of third parties.
24. If any of these terms and conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
25. All trademarks, text, images, and logos relating to Castrol or third parties involved in this Prize Draw and used in relation to it, are the exclusive property of Castrol or those third parties and participation in the Prize Draw does not confer any rights to a participant in or over or grant any right to use these.
26. Details of the name, county and country of the winner of the Prize Draw will be available for a 4-week period after the date of the winner announcement. For such details send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Rachel Pelos, 2nd Floor, Norfolk House, Smallbrook Queensway, Birmingham B5 4LJ, England.
27. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt by Castrol.
28. Any tax which a participant may be required to pay under the laws of any relevant jurisdiction on any Prizes awarded pursuant to the Prize Draw shall be the responsibility of that participant.
29. Castrol may, at its sole discretion and at any time, suspend or disqualify a participant, reject any application, amend the Terms or any of them, cancel the Prize Draw (either in whole or for residents of a specific country or territory) substitute the Prizes and/or withdraw the Prizes, by reason of any event of force majeure. Participants agree that no liability shall attach to Castrol or any Affiliate of Castrol as a result of an event of force majeure and that the exercise of such discretion by Castrol shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any participant or other person. In these Terms, the expression “event of force majeure” shall mean any event affecting the performance of the Prize Draw or any provision of these Terms arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents which are beyond the reasonable control of Castrol and/or its Affiliates, including without limitation, any abnormally inclement weather, flood, lightning, storm, explosion, earthquake, subsidence, structural damage, epidemic or other natural physical disaster, failure or shortage of power supplies, war, military operations, riot, crowd disorder, strike, lockouts or other industrial action, terrorist action, civil commotion, by reason of any legislation, regulation, ruling or omissions (including failure to grant any necessary permissions) of any relevant government, court or any competent national or international authority.
30. These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising out of or in connection with either the Prize Draw or these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
“T&Cs apply. Purchase Necessary. UK Only. Promotion opens 00:01 GMT on 1st November 2020 and 23.59 GMT on 31 December 2020. 18+ only. Nominate a local mechanic or independent workshop on the https://www.castrol.com/en_gb/united-kingdom/home/castrol-story/newsroom/mechanic-campaign-b2c.html to enter and follow instructions on the page to enter. Offer subject to availability. The promoter is Castrol Limited. Full terms and conditions available here.
Lubricants UK Limited, whose registered office is at Chertsey Road, Sunbury On Thames, Middlesex, TW16 7BP (“Castrol”), is responsible for organizing this prize draw and for the processing of your personal data in relation thereto.
If you decide to enter the prize draw under the applicable T&Cs, you will be asked to submit the limited personal data which is necessary for us to administer the prize. Entry into the prize draw is completely voluntary. To the extent that you do, we rely on your active consent to process the personal data you provide us, in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Where you nominate another individual and provide their details, Castrol will not use their details for any other purpose than entering them in the prize draw. It is your responsibility to ensure you have obtained their consent prior to disclosing their personal information to Castrol for this activity.
Your personal data will only be collected and used for the purposes of contacting you if you win the prize. Castrol may also send you some direct marketing communications in line with the preferences you have expressed upon registration. You can opt-out of receiving these communications at any later time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each communication.
Your personal information may be disclosed to third party service providers we work with in relation to this campaign. Disclosures to third-party service providers acting on our behalf will be subject to contractual clauses to ensure that the third parties have appropriate technical and organizational protections in place. A copy of these clauses is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law, or when disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on bp or Castrol. This includes our obligation to comply with any local advertising standards authority’s requirement to publish or make available on request the name and county of prizewinners. Such disclosure will be done in accordance with our T&Cs and will contain no other information than the first name, surname and county of the winner.
Castrol may disclose your personal data to other BP entities that may be located outside of the EEA. Where this is the case, your personal data shall remain at all-time protected by BP’s Binding Corporate Rules which guarantee an adequate level of data protection throughout the BP group.
Your data shall be kept for as long as necessary for Castrol to administer the prize. All personal data submitted in relation to this prize draw will be deleted without undue delay after the end of the Entry Period as defined in our T&Cs.
In accordance with our internal policies you may ask us to provide you with access to any personal data you submitted. If you want access to your personal information, please contact GDPREurope@Castrol.com. You are also entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal data which relates to you be corrected.
As an EU resident, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection supervisory authority. However, you should first think about using BP’s EU-approved complaint resolution mechanism under its Binding Corporate Rules.
We review this privacy statement regularly and may modify it from time to time. This privacy statement was last updated in August 2020.