Castrol Elixion, a revolutionary SAE 5W-30 synthetic engine oil, is formulated with high quality synthetic base fluids.
- Synthetic based fluids are known for their extremely low pour points and high viscosity indexes of 140 or better.
- A high viscosity index gives the finished lubricant outstanding viscosity over a range of temperatures, as well as wear protection during extreme high and low temperatures.
Castrol Elixion is a technologically advanced fully synthetic diesel engine oil engineered to reduce operating costs while providing outstanding engine protection. Castrol Elixion offers the fuel economy benefits of a 5W-30 engine oil and combines it with certified API CJ-4 performance. It is formulated with synthetic base oils, which allow for easy cold-weather starting and provide added protection against the intense heat of today’s newest diesel engines. Castrol Elixion utilizes a high performance additive package that provides excellent protection against wear, oxidation, soot and deposits to deliver outstanding engine life.
- Up to 4% fuel economy improvement vs. a 15W-40 oil
- PHighly advanced chemistry provides extra protection against wear, soot, oxidation and deposits
- Synthetic base oils help enable extended drain capability beyond that of conventional mineral-based engine oils
- Low volatility minimizes oil consumption
- Helps maintain protection for the diesel particulate filters on newer engines
Industry Approvals and OEM Specifications
- API CJ-4, CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4
- CAT ECF-3
- Cummins CES 20081
- Volvo VDS-4
- Mack EO-O Premium Plus
- MB Sheet 228.31