SAFETY AND THE ENVIRONMENT Content HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL (HSSE) POLICY
Everybody who works for BP Lubricants Americas is engaged in all aspects of HSSE and is empowered to be a Safety Leader. Exemplary HSSE performance, and the health, safety and security of everyone who works for us, are critical to risk reduction, continual improvement and ultimately the success of our business. Our goals are simply stated – no accidents, no harm to people, and no damage to the environment. This is achieved through the identification and control of risks through the application of Operating Management System (OMS) which enables safe, responsible and reliable operations. With the vision of maintaining a sustainable business, we will continue to drive down the environmental and health impact of our operations by pollution prevention, reducing waste, emissions and discharges, and using energy efficiently. We will produce quality products that can be used safely by our customers.
- consult, listen and respond openly to our customers, employees, neighbors, public interest groups and those who work with us
- work with others – our partners, suppliers, competitors and regulators – to raise the standards of our industry
- as a minimum, comply with all applicable laws and regulations and any other requirements to which the company subscribes
- openly report our performance, good and bad
- continually recognize those who contribute to improved HSSE performance
- annually review and communicate our vision and business plan to our workforce
Our Port Allen Facility, Global Lubricants Technology, and support services in Wayne, NJ are committed to the Responsible Care© Management System and the following guiding principles:
- To seek and incorporate public input regarding our products and operations.
- To provide chemicals that can be manufactured transported, used and disposed of safely.
- To make health, safety, the environment and resource conservation critical considerations for all new and existing products and processes.
- To provide information on health or environmental risks and pursue protective measures for employees, the public and other key stakeholders.
- To work with customers, carriers, suppliers, distributors and contractors to foster the safe use, transport and disposal of chemicals.
- To operate our facilities in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of our employees and the public.
- To support education and research on the health, safety and environmental effects of our products and processes.
- To work with others to resolve problems associated with past handling and disposal practices.
- To lead in the development of responsible laws, regulations and standards that safeguard the community, workplace and environment.
- To practice Responsible Care by encouraging and assisting others to adhere to these guiding principles and practices.
We are committed to continual improvement of our HSSE performance and management systems. Our decisions and actions will be guided by BP Group Values, the Lubricants Strategic Plan and we will utilize the OMS Framework. This will help us to translate business requirements and legal requirements into practical plans, to help reduce risk, deliver sustainable results and improve performance.