Simultaneous engineering (SIMENG) is the collaboration of engineering partners, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers in the development of new or modified processes.
At Castrol, we have used our extensive knowledge gained from working with OEMs, machine tool builders and tooling suppliers to focus on simultaneous engineering projects and deliver innovative and technologically advanced solutions that push the boundaries of performance within your operations.
Your strategic partner from the start
- We will develop proactive relationships with your engineering and design teams to understand your specific plant and process requirements
- We will provide research and development in support of your requirements, from new product development through to re-engineering processes or greater levels of standardization
- Our responsive technical support will deliver your program objectives, from project initiation through to start of production and beyond
Transfer of best practice
- We will assist with the design and layout of product storage solutions to meet oil storage regulations
- We can ensure operational efficiency across your product supply and logistics
- Management and control of ‘in use’ applications, including our metalworking fluids and lubricants, will ensure they meet your productivity, quality and cost targets
- We will deliver efficiencies in order to minimize waste discharge and disposal, which helps to meet or exceed your local environmental legislation and targets
Obtain approval for all products
- Our dedicated OEM and engineering teams will liaise with your vendors, understand their requirements, and work with them to provide the appropriate product recommendations
- We will gain product approvals through working with our customer service laboratory, the equipment vendor and your laboratory to test fluid compatibility and performance
- We will provide products to the equipment vendor to ensure conformity to the process requirements prior to your sign off and subsequent equipment delivery
If you would like more information about Simultaneous Engineering, or to discuss the service with one of our experts, get in touch with us.