SAFETY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
We have the highest expectations for our Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) performance. This is why we're committed to listening and responding to the needs of our customers - and to working within our industry to raise HSE standards. The care that we put into the safety of our products and practices directly benefits our customers, their employees and the communities in which they operate. As a company, we are committed to comply with environmental laws and regulatory standards on a worldwide basis. We will continue to drive down the environmental and health impact of our operations by reducing waste, emissions and discharges and by using energy efficiently. We will produce quality products that can be used safely by our customers. Our stated goals are:
- no accidents
- no harm to people
- no damage to the environment
For more information on health and safety data sheets for particular products, please visit your local Castrol website or contact your local Castrol office.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
Everyone who works for us, anywhere, is responsible for getting HSE right. Good HSE performance and the health, safety and security of everyone who works for us are critical to the success of our business.
In all our activities and operations, we will:
- Comply fully with all legal requirements and meet or exceed these expectations wherever we operate in the world
- Provide a secure working environment by protecting ourselves, our assets, and our operations against risk of injury, loss or damage from criminal or hostile acts
- Make sure that all our employees, contractors and others are well informed, well trained, engaged and committed to the HSE improvement process. We recognise that safe operations depend not only on technically sound plant and equipment but also on competent people and an active HSE culture, and that no activity is so important that it cannot be done safely
- Regularly provide assurance that the processes in place are working effectively. While all Castrol employees and contractors are responsible for HSE performance, line management is accountable for understanding and managing HSE risks
- Fully participate in hazard identification and risk assessments, assurance audits, and reporting of HSE results
- Maintain public confidence in the integrity of our operations. We will open only report our performance and consult with people outside the company to improve our understanding of external and internal HSE issues associated with our operations
- Expect that all parties working on our behalf recognize that they can impact our operations and reputation, and must operate to our standards. We will assure ourselves that our contractors’ and others’ management systems fully support our commitment to HSE Performance