We thrive on breaking records. Pushing our company into the future and beyond. Because what we create is truly ground-breaking. We’re a company full of passionate individuals, steeped in history and prestige. And you can be a part of it.
As an industry leader, we’re constantly striving for excellence by creating products that meet the precise needs of our customers. Whether it be helping Volkswagen Motorsport continue their success in the World Rally Championship, or providing the lubricating oil that gets rockets into space.
Although we’re now a proud member of the BP group, we were conceived by Charles Wakefield in 1899 and a strong family run atmosphere was fostered – and continues to this day. Our people are passionate, ambitious and motivated to become experts in their fields. And the nature of what we produce means that a healthy sense of competition is also encouraged – whether it’s on the race track or in the marketplace.
This combined effort is what powers us. It’s what keeps our brand strong and enables us to achieve the exceptional through constant innovation. So no matter where you join the business, you’ll be driven and focused - a career at Castrol really has no limits.
As a global operation we’re looking for brilliant new talent to fill vital roles around the world. We operate in over 40 countries and employ 7,000 staff, so if you’re looking to break records, deliver innovation and develop an incredible career, consider Castrol.
Based in Pangbourne and Swindon, we’re looking for passionate individuals with unique abilities to work in: Finance, Engineering, Research and Innovation and Marketing. Our most common roles include:
- Finance / Performance Analyst - Coming from a solid financial background, you’ll understand how the Lubes business makes money. And you’ll be able to interpret trends and ensure our business is operating effectively
- Process Architect - We invest a lot in the technology underpinning our business - however, for the investment to be worthwhile, we must utilise it effectively. The process architect teams work with the business to understand how we really work and where technology can be implemented effectively
- Brand Managers - Unlike the rest of BP, the lubes business is less ‘oil & gas’ and more like an FMCG company (like Unilever or Diageo). And to be successful, your knowledge of the Castrol brand and our customer base will be second to none
- Project / Programme Managers - You’ll manage various initiatives at any one time and react proactively to a constantly changing marketplace – while managing multiple stakeholders
- Offer Development Managers – A clear understanding of our market is key to developing compelling customer offers. You’ll need insight, vision and the ability to drive the offer creation process
Our headquarters are in Wayne, NJ, and we have more offices in Naperville, IL, Houston, TX, Bentonville, AR, Baton Rouge, LA, Baltimore, MD and Warminster, PA. We hire talented people to fill positions in Marketing, Sales, Finance and Project Management. Our most common roles include:
- Marketing Managers - Leading a marketing team, you’ll develop compelling propositions that stand us out from our competitors
- Sales (including technical sales and support) - You’ll directly communicate with our customers and provide expert sales advice and support that aligns with our brand and values
- Category Management - With strong analytical skills to synthesize data and identify trends and opportunities you’ll play a critical role in promoting effective category planning and management.
- Finance / Accounting - Coming from a strong financial background, you’ll help to continue Castrol’s financial success into the future
- Project Management - Managing a wider team, you’ll develop our offering and ensure its success in the marketplace
Located in Shanghai, our Chinese business primarily offers Sales, Marketing and Technical roles. Our Castrol team play a vital role in BP’s 15,000 strong Chinese operation. And in order to maintain our success, it’s vital that we equip them with the skills they need to deliver excellence. We’re constantly providing opportunities for our employees to learn, develop and achieve their ambitions. Our most common roles include:
- Sales - Coming from a sales development and management background, you’ll oversee our local distribution partners in your territory. Ideally your experience will be in FMCG or the automotive after sales market
- Marketing Managers - Heading up a marketing team, you’ll develop compelling propositions that stand us out from our competitors
- Technicians - You’ll provide technical advice and support regarding BP and Castrol products and their application, while resolving specific technical problems
Headquartered in Mumbai, we have a further presence across four regions (Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata) and three manufacturing units (Slivassa, Patalganga and Paharpur). Our Indian business offers Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Function (Finance, HR, Legal etc.) roles.
- Sales - Working across our Retail, Workshop and Industrial and HD business, you’ll have a solid understanding of sales and the effective techniques and skills required
- People Management – Effectively managing a team is an essential ability that is vital across our entire business
- Marketing - Strategic brand, channel and product management are key to our overall success and your marketing capability will ensure our stability and continued growth
- Supply Chain - Roles vary in Supply Chain across all of our functions, including: Procurement, Planning, Logistics and Manufacturing
Our graduates are curious, driven and have a thirst for knowledge. We offer structured graduate development programmes in many of our global locations across Castrol. So whether you embark on our Sales Challenger rotation in the USA, our Commercial, Sales and Marketing Programme in the UK or any of our other graduate opportunities, you’ll become part of the wider Global Graduate Community at Castrol. Visit the BP Careers website to find out much more about where you could fit.
A career with Castrol is all about world firsts. Developing technologies that make the seemingly impossible, possible. Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to do brilliant, ground-breaking things in a company where no challenge is too great. Find out more about the specific roles Castrol has to offer on the BP careers page. Being part of a bigger brand has opened an infinite amount of doors for us. Join Castrol and you’ll get all of the benefits of a company steeped in family spirit and history, coupled with the security and opportunities a big corporation can offer. And connect with us on LinkedIn to keep up with all the latest news.