Good HSE, and the health, safety and security of everyone who works for us, are critical to the success of our business.
In all our activities and operations, we will:
- Comply fully with all legal requirements and meet or exceed these expectations wherever we operate in the world
- Provide a secure working environment by protecting ourselves, our assets and our operations against risk of injury, loss or damage from criminal or hostile acts
- Make sure that all of our employees, contractors and others are well-informed, well-trained, engaged and committed to the HSE-improvement process
- Recognise that safe operations depend not only on technically sound plant and equipment but also on competent people and an active HSE culture, and that all activities can be undertaken safely
- Regularly provide assurance that the processes in place are working effectively. While all Castrol employees and contractors are responsible for HSE performance, line management is accountable for understanding and managing HSE risks
- Fully participate in hazard identification and risk assessments, assurance audits, and reporting of HSE results
- Maintain public confidence in the integrity of our operations. We will openly report our performance and consult with people outside the company to improve our understanding of external and internal HSE issues associated with our operations
- Expect that all parties working on our behalf will recognise that they can impact our operations and reputation, and must operate to our standards. We will assure ourselves that our contractors’ and others’ management systems fully support our commitment to HSE performance
Safety, quality and environmental values are an intuitive and intrinsic part of every investment and recruitment decision, business trip and site visit we make. Regardless of whether we are at work or at home, developing or manufacturing our products, or delivering them to you, a proactive safety mindset is firmly embedded into every link within our value chain.