Discover why leading turbine manufacturers opt for Castrol Optigear
40% of unplanned downtime on windfarms is caused by gearbox failure. This can mean losses of up to $200,000 per event, and drastic increases to your levelised cost of energy. But it’s a problem you can manage. Maximising the efficiency of every gearbox depends on the control of friction. Gearbox friction generates excessive heat, putting thermal stress on system components which causes wear and pitting. This shortens the life of component parts and reduces gear box performance, causing unscheduled downtime and replacement/labour costs. Castrol Optigear is a range of leading high performance gear oils, proven to reduce friction, actively resist wear and extend the life of your gearbox. Take control of your energy costs and keep your turbines turning for longer, opt for Castrol Optigear.
*Based on SRV test results
Castrol Optigear Synthetic CT 320
Castrol Optigear Synthetic CT 320 is a premium synthetic oil for wind turbine gears operating in wide temperature ranges and under high loads. Suited for high-capacity wind turbine gears, Castrol Optigear Synthetic CT 320 delivers robust surface protection and reduces gear friction.
- Advanced “ash-less” technology that is proven to run cooler (up to 8°C)*Provides consistent wear protection for up to eight years of oil life**
- 28% less foam, than competitors***
- A favourite of operators with mixed turbine fleets or complex maintenance schedules
*Sincro Mecánica Wind Oil Evaluation 2016 **8-year customer field inspection (USA, 2017) ***3-year field trial
Castrol Optigear Synthetic X 320
Castrol Optigear Synthetic X 320 is a premium synthetic oil for wind turbine gears operating in wide temperature ranges and under high loads. Suited for high-capacity wind turbine gears, it delivers best-in-class surface protection and reduces gear friction.
- Unique Microflux-Trans Plastic Deformation (MFT-PD) technology is proven to give up to 30% less friction* reduces critical gearbox stress, operating temperatures and wear**
- Significantly reduce further damage in pre-micropitted gears*** proven to reduce friction by 30%****
- Gives you control of your energy costs
*The SRV friction (5ae) Test, 2016/2017 **Sincro Mecánica Wind Oil Evaluation 2016 ***FZEG Micropitting test 2010 ****The SRV friction (5ae) Test, 2016/2017