Our Liquid Engineers have developed a dedicated range of lubricants designed specifically for use with gas-engine applications, particularly where acid control, high oxidation stability and extended engine life are required.
Our Liquid Engineers know the importance of maximising engine in-service time and avoiding unscheduled maintenance. Our oils are designed to meet these challenges. They handle the high oxidation and nitration stresses of gaseous fuel and can help extend oil-drain intervals and extend? engine life. Gas engines are internal combustion engines that run on gas fuel such as coal gas, biogas, landfill gas or natural gas. Power output can typically be between 50 – 20000 kW. Whatever your gas engine and fuel type, Castrol’s experts understand the lubrication requirements Our knowledge means we recognise specific demands of each gas type. Our Liquid Engineers have developed products to support longer engine life in natural gas and mine gas applications, where high levels of methane are involved, as well as corrosive elements such as hydrogen sulphide. They’re also on hand to help you choose the right products for you and your requirements. We also know that biogas - landfill gas, sewage gas produced from household and industrial waste can contain impurities which can generate acids and damaging deposits on combustion. That’s why we have products in our range for use in Biogas, Sewage Gas and Landfill Gas applications, specifically designed to help you efficiently neutralise these acids and control type and level of deposits.
- Wet, Dry, Sweet, Sour
- Mainly composed of 80-98% methane, plus some impurities and corrosive elements such as hydrogen sulphide can also be present
- Large underground coal mines provide a potential for coal mine methane and abandoned mine methane and can be effectively used for power and heat generation with gas engines
- Gas recovered from anaerobic degradation of organic compounds in household and industrial waste, can contain
- Landfill gas can contain impurities which can cause acids and deposits to be formed. Engine oils designed for landfill must control strong acids and deposits to a much greater extent than required for ‘clean gas’ service
- Gas generated by bacterial decomposition of organic materials in solid waste such as sludge, agricultural, food and vegetation waste (digestion tower) ; i.e. Sewage Gas
- Engine oils need as in land fill gas applications to control acid build up
Our Liquid Engineers are here to help you meet these challenges and choose the right products for your requirements. For your gas engine operations, we recommended the following lubricants:
Related Items / Products:
Gas engines running on natural gas, or relatively ‘clean’ (low impurities) mine gas, digester and landfill gas.
CASTROL DURATEC L
Gas engines using moderately contaminated digester and landfill gas, as well as unclean natural gas, mine gas.
CASTROL DURATEC M
Gas engines running on highly-contaminated digester and landfill gas.
CASTROL DURATEC MX
Gas engines running on natural gas, or relatively clean mine, digester and landfill-gas where operating conditions are severe and/or extended oil life is required
CASTROL DURATEC HPL
Gas engines using relatively clean natural gas, mine, digester and landfill gas where the highest performance using synthetic lubricants.
CASTROL DURATEC XPL