GTX South Africa's No. 1 OIL
Where did it all begin in SA ?1972, the year the lubricant industry in South Africa change….
Castrol GTX was introduced in South Africa
- 20W50 viscosity
- API SD
GTX has evolved over the years, changing it’s look to still remain relevant to new consumers
How often have you been in this situation? Staring at the bumper of the car in front of you…Caught in an endless journeyStop start stop start stop start stop startThe engine always working overtime, more than ever before. Not good for engine efficiency….
So we went out and tested the cam and camshaft. But why?The camshaft is a major controller of engine efficiency. It operates valves, opening and closing them.
- Incomplete combustion in the engine due to camshaft wear.
- Increased fuel consumption
- Cam wear means
- increased oil consumption
- and the need to prematurely replace parts in the engine
- filters will clog up,
- premature engine failure.
What does it mean for the motorist?
- at high temperatures, reduced lubrication due to oil thinning out
- at low temperatures, oil starvation because oil is too thick
- extreme metal to metal contact,
- premature wearing of moving parts in the engine.
RESULTING IN PREMATURE ENGINE FAILURE
new Castrol GTX provides 50% more protection than the API SL standards for high low engine temperature wear
Maximum protection against sludge build up
What does it mean for the motorist?
- 1.1 when an engine experiences high temperature wear, it does so because at high temperatures oils, normally thin out drastically, offering reduced lubrication.
- 1.2 when an engine experiences low temperature wear, the oil is normally too thick, it does not get to the moving parts due to oil starvation.
- 1.3 Both of the above results in metal to metal contact, which causes friction and premature wearing of moving parts in the engine.
How does the new Castrol GTX provide 50% more protection than the API SL standards for high low engine temperature wear? we have two specific tests that prove this, they are both based cam wear tests, let’s go to the graphs.
So, what does GTX stand for now…Superior Protection
Castrol technology to provide 50% better wear protection against high and low temperature engine wear. Castrol GTX is one of the world’s most trusted motor oils. It’s more than just oil, it provides superior Castrol technology that protects against high and low temperature wear, that your engine faces every day. Why is this protection important? Because the high temperatures can decrease the endurance of your oil and at low temperatures some oils are not working fully. Either can reduce the ability of ordinary oils to protect against engine wear. Castrol GTX provides superior protection for your engine:
- *50% better high and low temperature wear protection*
- Maximum protection against sludge build up
- Superior protection against viscosity control and thermal breakdown.*
- Made from premium quality base oils.
- Keeps engines cool and clean
Meets: API SGCD
What is the rocker cover and why test it ?You have all complained at one stage about your noisy engine, that ticking sound, like an amplified wall clock! Well that’s your tappets. Your tappets are covered by a rocker cover, or, a tappet cover. GTX was tested to show how it keeps your engine clean. Firstly, what is sludge? We spoke about metal to metal contact when cams suffer wear, what happens to all those metal shavings? Your filters get clogged, that means dirt is not being filtered out of the engine, your valves are not opening and closing correctly, means fuel and gases are not going where it should be going, we spoke about the inefficiencies, yes, all of that forms sludge, or dirt or TLBS. THIS IS HARMFUL TO YOUR ENGINE! The test that GTX 20W50 underwent, to show that it kept engines cleaner, was to measure the sludge in the rocker cover. As you can see, GTX cleans 50% better than the API SL limit. THE HIGHER THE MERIT, THE LESS RESIDUE OR SLUDGE, MEANING CLEANER ENGINES! Cleaner engines mean the engine is not working as hard, resulting in cooler running oil, which offers more protection.
Superior protection against viscosity control and thermal breakdown.*