Antifreeze SF LL Premix
Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix is premixed with the appropriate amount of water and is ready for use as a heat transferring liquid in combustion engines. The heat of the internal combustion is transferred to the radiator where the mixture is cooled by means of airflow.
- Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix provides maintenance-free freezing and corrosion protection throughout the life of the engine or vehicle. Using silicate free aliphatic acid technology, Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix provides long life corrosion protection for aluminium and ferrous alloys.
- The synergistic combination of mono- and di-carboxylic acids has been proved to provide superior protection for up to 700 000 km on-road, or as long as 8 000 hours off-road.
- Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix is a premixed antifreeze and does not require further dilution with water – product is designed as “ready to use”.
- Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix provides long-life frost and corrosion protection.
- Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix may be used with confi dence in engines manufactured from cast iron, aluminium or combinations of the two metals, and in cooling systems made of aluminium or copper alloys.
- Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix is particularly recommended for advanced engines, where high temperature aluminium protection is important.
- Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix provides long life corrosion protection through the use of optimised organic corrosion inhibitors against all forms of corrosion. Excellent and lasting high temperature corrosion protection is provided for the aluminium heat transfer surfaces found in modern engines. Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix offers excellent cavitation protection without nitrite.
- The carboxylic acids found in Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix form a single layer of protective molecules and compared with the traditional silicate layers, this provides a much more effi cient heat transfer.
- The inhibitors contained in Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix have very low depletion rates, unlike the traditional nitrite and silicate technologies. Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix provides protection against localised corrosion and cylinder liner cavitation without the use of supplement coolant additives. Extended coolant life, often for the life of the engine or vehicle, is obtained through the use of virtually non-depleting corrosion inhibitor.
- The outstanding corrosion protection and the low depletion of the inhibitors result in less refi lling and lower maintenance costs. Fleet tests have demonstrated that the average pump life increased by 50%.
- Traditionally, coolant formulations have included silicates for high temperature corrosion protection of aluminium heat transfer surfaces. However, silicates can cause stability problems and are subject to rapid depletion in service and are therefore not readily acceptable for inclusion in fi ll-for-life cooling systems. Because of the nature of the inhibitors, Castrol Antifreeze SF demonstrates outstanding stability, even in the most demanding circumstances.
- Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix is a modern engine coolant based on ethylene glycol and will provide frost protection to -40°C.
- Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix minimises coolant boiling by increasing the boiling point and providing extra protection during hot summer periods or during severe vehicle operation, such as mountain driving or caravan towing
- Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix is compatible with other coolants based on ethylene glycol. Exclusive use of the product is recommended for optimum corrosion protection and sludge control.
- Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix provides excellent seal compatibility. The coolant has no adverse effects on rubber hoses and gasket materials.
- Free of silicates, Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix satisfi es all major standards and requirements of the major European car and truck manufacturers. Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix is based on non-toxic inhibitors and is fully biodegradable. The extended life of the product contributes to the protection of the environment.
Standards and Approvals:
Castrol Antifreeze SF LL Premix satisfi es the following applications for European, Japanese and American car and truck manufacturers:
- ASTM D3306, D4656 and D4985
- JASO M325 (Japan) LLC*
- SAE J1034*
- Isuzu Longlife Spec
- British Leyland LTS 22 AF 10
- MTU (under evaluation)
- Ford ESE-M978B4H-A / WSS-M97B44-C
- General Motors GM 1825M*, GM1899M*
- International Harvester*
- MAN 324
- Mercedes Benz DBL 7700*
- Opel-GM QL 130100*
- Volvo (Reg No 260)
- VW TL 774B* & TL 774D
- CAT EC-1
* except for Reserve Alkalinity