Extreme temperature grease
Castrol Molub-Alloy™ 1000 extreme temperature grease utilises synthetic base oils in conjunction with a blend of Molub-Alloy lubricating solids selected for high temperature service. The synthetic fluids in Molub-Alloy 1000 were selected for their controlled low volatility, minimum residue after evaporation and high VI for additional film strength at elevated temperatures.
The combination of synthetic fluids and a unique thickening system offers physical stability in prolonged service at high temperatures. Molub-Alloy 1000 remains more pliable than conventional high temperature greases.
As a result of the higher viscosity synthetic base fluids used in Molub-Alloy 1000, the film strength at elevated temperature is superior to that of petroleum base oils. It is also formulated with a combination of rust and oxidation inhibitors for prolonged service life without relubrication
Molub-Alloy 1000 is designed for use in applications where elevated temperatures are encountered, heavy and shock loading occurs, and where bearing speeds are low to moderate. Molub-Alloy 1000 has been successfully used in a wide range of elevated temperatures industrial applications such as:
- In overhead sealed trolley wheel conveyor bearings passing through paint drying ovens in an air conditioner manufacturing plant. Temperatures reached 180°C/356°F and relubrication cycles were every 8 months
- In overhead sealed trolley wheel conveyor bearings passing through a paint drying oven in an automotive assembly plant. Temperatures reached 185°C/365°F with relubrication cycles every 6 months
- In floor conveyor bearings passing through paint drying ovens in an automotive assembly plant. Temperatures of 190°C/374°F were reached with relubrication cycles every 6 months
- In overhead sealed trolley wheel conveyor bearings passing through paint drying ovens of a motorcycle assembly plant. After 4 months without relubrication in temperatures of 180°C/356°F, the bead of product on the outside of the trolley wheels was still soft and pliable. Relubrication cycles were every 6 months
- In a cement rotary kiln as a gas-seal lubricant to minimise hot gas leakage
- Excellent friction reduction characteristics due to Molub-Alloy solid lubricants – easier start-up, reduced heat, and reduced energy leading to longer bearing life
- Synthetic base fluid and unique thickening system – the combination of synthetic fluids and a unique thickening system offers physical stability in prolonged service at high temperatures. This combination makes Molub-Alloy 1000 more pliable than conventional high temperature greases, leading to longer bearing life, extended lubrication cycles and uninterrupted service
- Molub-Alloy 1000 grease is engineered for prolonged service from 177°C/350°F to 288°C/550°F. Molub-Alloy 1000 also withstands intermittent exposure to temperatures up to 343°C/650°F
- Formulated to address environmental concerns – it is free of antimony, barium, lead, and zinc
We focus on the specific challenges our customers face and provide a solution tailored to your needs
World class technical support to help you maximise your productivity and efficiency
Please refer to the Product Information section of our Legal notice.