Castrol Molub Alloy 936 SF
Open Gear GreaseApplication
- Rack and pinion jacking mechanisms and cantilever skidding systems for jack-up drilling rigs. Open gearing and slides on mooring winches, cranes and FPSO offloading systems.
Castrol Molub Alloy 936 SF Heavy combines excellent protection to components with minimal migration to the environment in sensitive water-washed areas:
- Outstanding load carrying capabilities
- Tough, highly durable film
- Designed to flow readily in the film-forming process, yet resist ‘squeeze out’ and cling tenaciously even to gear teeth in vertical orientation
- Environmental credentials: free from solvent, lead, antimony and barium
- Chemical and thermal stability
- Good pumpability
Castrol Molub Alloy 936 SF Heavy Open Gear Grease is a uniquely compounded open gear lubricant developed specifically for use on heavy duty open gearing operating in arduous environments. It forms a tough lubricating film on the friction surfaces which is resistant to pressure and shock loads as well as unfavourable ambient conditions.
Castrol Molub Alloy 936 SF Heavy is formulated to give maximum protection to gears and slides including all types of open gears, rails, rollers, racks and pinions whilst minimising potential pollutants to the environment.
It is free of lead, antimony, barium and chlorinated solvents. Molub Alloy 936 SF Heavy may be applied manually or by automatic spray applicators and should spray and pump readily down to freezing temperatures. It is highly resistant to water washing and other erosion processes by the elements.