Safety and the Environment
In all we do, the aspect of Safety and the Environment is foremost in our minds, to ensure that we keep people safe and protect the environment.
Hence, everyone who works for us, anywhere, is responsible for getting HSSE right. Good HSSE performance and the health, safety and security of everyone who works for us are critical to the success of our business.
In all our activities and operations, we will:
- Comply fully with all legal requirements and meet or exceed these expectations wherever we operate in the world
- Provide a secure working environment by protecting ourselves, our assets, and our operations against risk of injury, loss or damage from criminal or hostile acts
- Make sure that all our employees, contractors and others are well informed, well trained, engaged and committed to the HSSE improvement process. We recognise that safe operations depend not only on technically sound plant and equipment but also on competent people and an active HSSE culture, and that no activity is so important that it cannot be done safely
- Regularly provide assurance that the processes in place are working effectively. While all Castrol employees and contractors are responsible for HSSE performance, line management is accountable for understanding and managing HSSE risks
- Fully participate in hazard identification and risk assessments, assurance audits, and reporting of HSSE results
- Maintain public confidence in the integrity of our operations. We will openly report our performance and consult with people outside the company to improve our understanding of external and internal HSSE issues associated with our operations
- Expect that all parties working on our behalf recognise that they can impact our operations and reputation, and must operate to our standards. We will assure ourselves that our contractors' and others' management systems fully support our commitment to HSSE Performance