Some of our Motorsports Firsts
- Castrol is the choice of the official Aston Martin Racing Team competing in endurance
sports car racing around the world.
- We are the only oil used by the Volkswagen Race Touareg Dakar team.
- We are the only oil used by the Ford World Rally Team.
- We made Honda motorcycle engines faster on their way to winning 17 championships
between 1959 and 1967.
- We are John Force, considered the Michael Jordan of funny car racing, and has won 12
of the last 14 NHRA championships.
- We helped the Rothmans Williams Renault team win the World Constructors
Championship a record-breaking nine times.
- We tailor motor oil specifically to each Formula One engine, and then X-Ray the oil at
every pit stop to check for impurities.
Some of our Technology Firsts
- We are the first to add metallic soaps to oil, dramatically improving its
performance and life.
- We invented additive technology, the breakthrough every motor oil made
today uses for better reliability and efficiency.
- We are the SDOCP additive, the anti-sludge
technology that neutralizes the components of
sludge before they develop, prolonging engine life.
- We helped create the engines that flew the world’s
first jet airliner, and launched a new industry-air travel.
- We invented ZDDP (zinc dialkyl dithio phosphate), an
oxidation inhibitor that is still the best preventative of cam
and tappet wear.
- We developed the first rust and corrosion inhibitors for hypoid
- We were the first to market multigrade motor oil which functioned
at high and low temperatures and eliminating the need for summer
and winter oils, at an affordable price.
- We are technology that bonds oil to engine parts better by
attracting molecules together so tightly it makes its own
- We were the first to engineer an oil specifically designed to
combat the stresses of hotter and high revving engines in